Puma for £200

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daz_zz_er

I'm currently speaking to someone who Is selling a Y reg silver Puma. M.O.T Failure hence the £200 price. She said it failed on the Exhaust, 'some brake pipes' and wheel bearing. She already had a new car so didn't want to spend money on getting the Puma fixed. It still drives fine, Does anyone have any idea how much it would cost to fix roughly? And Is it worth more than £200 as it is now? As I'm thinking of buying and giving it a good clean up, fix what I can then sell for a bit more.

Any help would be great, Thank you.

Might be a good opportunity to learn, that's cheap. As Mac says you'd be back on the road for not much more money if you did it yourself.

Brake pipes is the biggest job but the two main expenses for that are the flaring tool (borrow or buy one and sell it afterwards) and the labour (free). I re-piped my entire car for about £15.

If you're selling it on don't forget to factor in an MOT and tax as most buyers will want that. To rephrase, it's significantly more difficult to sell a car without those so you're in for nearly £300 on that if you want to put 12 months of each on by the time you've driven it to the test and back.

I'd say it was priced right and a good buy if you're going to do the work and run it, but if you've no experience in brakes and want to sell it on to someone who is going to be relying on your skills it might be less of a great idea :lol:

i paid 250 for mine and just flew through MOT u wanna grab that, even to break up and scrap you wouldnt lose anything on it. See if she'll take 150 lol

I'd snap that up too as long as the rest checks out as being ok. Best way to learn is to get stuck in with a Haynes and a forum for guides. Someone else with experience to help you out is a bonus.

Is it a 1.7? If I didn't have enough on my plate and had the money to do the upgrades I'd want to do I'd buy it myself for a road legal track toy.

I'd buy it even just for spares if I had anywhere to keep it!

I've got a big Garden to put it in, trouble is it's in Milton Keynes and I'm about 2 hours from there so don't know how I'd get it home! :(

you're allowed to drive a car with no MOT if you're taking it to be tested so book a test at a garage near you house then go collect it and drive it back, if you get stopped tell them you're on the way to the test center and show them the booking!
:grin:

PhilLew said:
you're allowed to drive a car with no MOT if you're taking it to be tested so book a test at a garage near you house then go collect it and drive it back, if you get stopped tell them you're on the way to the test center and show them the booking!

i did this for 6 months lol it really does work!

RedRocket69 said:
PhilLew said:

i did this for 6 months lol it really does work!

But of course we condone this use of bending the law to your will on this forum.

PhilLew said:

It's got no Tax though :(

Right Guys!!! I'm basically just going to have to give up on the Idea of getting this car, Anyway.......

If anyone else is interested then It's a Y reg silver. No tax, The car is in Milton Keynes. Still drives fine, I've put what it failed the M.O.T on in my original post :) let me know if your interested and she said I can give her number out. But please only if your serious about it as I don't want to giver her number out to every Tom Dick and Harry :p

BCk2o7QCIAAyhX1jpglarge_zpsa84ab847.jpg

Latest posts

Back