puma for sale

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tula

HI,This is an advert i didnt want to write,but OH has refused to spend any more money on my loved Puma.V reg 1700vvti,merino?blue,mot feb11,tax 08.10.recent service including new clutch,cam belt,rear wheel cylinders,front discs and pads,new petrol tank and a few other bits i cant remember.The problem is the abs and traction control lights are staying on half the time,the garage thinks it could be an ecu??problem,or not??,but my husband will not spend one more penny on her,and Im gutted :cry: So i have to sell her and am looking for offers,as i need to find a run around.She drives absoloutly fine and is still quick and responsive,and has looked after me!!She is in Canterbury and will need to go asap,as I need the money to get another.My ph.07733342403.You would not be dissapointed.

Having had all that work done on your Puma, at least you know what condition its in. All that work is general maintenance of an old car and you'll still need to do it on a "run around".
As the brakes have been worked on, one of the ABS sensors may have been damaged when they were done, or need cleaning. Front ABS sensors are around £38 each and rear (both together) around £70.

I would try an ECU reset first to see if it clears the problem and then check the sensors - before selling.

if they did the rear cylinders then they probs messed with the sensors or got them covered in crap.

i dont understand why you need to sell it?? they drive a lot better with the traction light on!! had mine on for months never had a problem! its not dangerous?! :lol:

Back