Puma good for a first car ??

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cl13

Hey

im looking for my first car at the moment i havent got thousands to spent mainly been looking at fiesta's and 106's but one car that caught my eye is the puma ive seen them going for around £600-800 which is around my range.

Anyway would they be good for a first car ? what are they like for fuel ? common problem's ? ive heard that rear parking with them is pretty hard ?

anyway any advice would be great thanks

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1999-FORD-PUM...iewItem&pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item27b39ef7a2

i was looking at this since its near me but its a 1.7 which is to dea to run im after a 1.4

tbh there is not much difference on running a 1.7 or 1.4 just the insurance group,you are going to be better off getting an insurance quote 1st before you go any further and see if you can actually afford to insure the car...
HTH :eek:k:

ive had tons of cars and personally i dont think the puma (and ive only just got one myself) is any worse than any other car ive had

hello mate you would be better goin for the 1.4 only coz of insurance they still great little cars then move up to a 1.7 any mods you do can swap over.

i wouldnt be rushing to buy that puma noise in reverse poss gearbox and the seller is a trader who has sold nothing! i might be wrong but dont like to see people get ripped off! hope that helps! :-D

It is easy to park despite the poor visibility IMO as it is small. I think it is personal though. If it is a weak point (everyone has them ;) ) then you will find it hard to park.

I think it will spoil you a bit too :D

Good luck in your search :) - there is a buyers' guide in the newbie section.

cheers for all the advice a 1.4 would be alot better cheaper to run as im a student and the insurance is a lot cheaper have to keep an eye out a decent one :)

Go for focus...a 1.4 puma is group 9 which is way high for a 1st time driver a 1.4 litre zetec focus is only group 4 in fact u could have a 2.0 litre zetec focus which is the same group 9 as a 1.4 litre puma...shocking

It all depends on how much u wanna pay for insurance

Do your homework

spike. said:
as above, check the insurance first!

The puma does have limited rear view vision.

Agreed.. but I guess it's what your used to.. I had a sports hatch astra which has a teeeny back window so the puma was MASSIVE to me!

Insurance will be more of a worry.. I suggest you do a check on it... x

puma's are good for any 1st 2nd 3rd 4th etc car, ive never felt love for another car like it! they have many possibilities!

Just be careful of the blind spots, as they have more than other cars. Especially the 'A' pillars. They catch me out even after 5 years of owning/driving mine.

you forget Vix, Andy drives his Puma 3 times a year if its lucky :lol: the Polo is like a glass box haha!

Welcom along though, as stated get an insurance quote for the 1.7 and the 1.4, tbh though your more likely to get a 1.4 for the money your budgeting :eek:k:

I actually think my Mini has the worst visibility, especially when you drive with the seat on it's lowest setting. I love it though, it's nice and cosy in the cabin :)

AndyW said:
Just be careful of the blind spots, as they have more than other cars. Especially the 'A' pillars. They catch me out even after 5 years of owning/driving mine.
thats because you dont drive it every day like it should be :p

I got a puma as my 1st car i don't do reversing lol i get to a quiet car park and get my boyfriend to push me lol and yes the insurance is really expensive on a 1.7 but its soooo lovely to drive (when i actually get going lol)
yes i'm a terrible driver

Latest posts

Back