Puma ownership is coming to an end. . .

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris3boro

Hi all.

Well today I bought a Mk2 Toyota MR2 GT T-bar, meaning the Puma will shortly be up for sale. I've always loved them (some of you may remember me mentioning them a while back in a thread) and I came across this one at a great price and in very good condition, loads of service history etc etc so it had to be done.
So the Puma will be up for sale soon, on here for sure amongst other places. I'll still be checking on here regularly before and after then mind, if I'm welcome :p

The Puma has served me well (apart from one occasion!) and is a great car, I just wanted something with a bit more poke, rear wheel drive and more sporty looking. Like I said I'll still be around but wish everyone all the best :)

Good luck with the new car Chris - I'm sure someone will snap up your Puma as you looked after it really well.

Of course you'll still be welcome - place wouldn't be the same without ya :eek:k:

You have to keep it for a last a week so we can give it a proper send-off at Ford Fair mate!

When you've spent as much money on your car as mine it's not as easy to part with, but if you've been after an MR2 for a while (bloody love 'em too) then good for you matey :eek:k:

Don't be going anywhere either, like Dal says! Us north-east lot have gotta stick together :-D

I remember reading somewhere about the Mk2 MR2 something along the lines of:

"If Ferrari ever make a low cost car, they could do a lot worse than this"

:eek:k:

The MR2 is a lovely looking car, I contemplated buying one of those too as my girlfriend used to have one.

Which colour is it, and what year?

Mark.

I used to have a turbo mk 2 mr2 years ago & it nearly cost me my life they are great cars but don't be fooled by their great handling & high performance they bite when it goes wrong , I got rid of it cause it couldn't carry my bike

they are fantastic cars

Not a bad choice mate. I think they say they are the best value for money in terms of rwd and been in a few and have to admit ive contemplated one, once or twice.

Hope you enjoy it as much as the puma mate :eek:k:

Thanks guys.

Here's the spec. . .

1996 P MR2 GT T-Bar in non metallic black with 74,900 miles. Very good condition, less rust than the Puma had lol in fact hardly any at all, v good tyres and discs all round, 6CD changer, every MOT receipt, loads of service history stuff, 3 keys and 2 remote fobs, full leather.

2.0l with 170bhp, obviously mid engined and rear wheel drive.

Thanks for the warning, I've heard they can bite (in the wet anyway) so I'll be very gentle I can assure you!

Cost me £1450! Identical ones are more like £2500 no joke, and insurance should be around £1.5k but got a quote earlier of £860 which is immense to be fair!

As with my Puma, I'll have a short wait until my Birthday before insurance starts, giving me time to detail it.

Few pics as soon it returned from Manchester! Forgive its filthiness! :)

DSCF1961-1.jpg

DSCF1963.jpg

DSCF1964.jpg

DSCF1966.jpg

DSCF1968.jpg

DSCF1967.jpg

DSCF1969.jpg

Jamie, I need the money from it asap so it may well have gone before Ford Fair, though if I'm still going would it be possible to go along with you by any chance?

Very nice indeed. :)

Just one point.. I see that the gear and handbrake are very close together, so be careful when it comes to changing gears!! lol.

Chris, no problem of course you can come along with me :)

If you don't get deafened by the Milltek on the way down that is ;)

Looks great Chris

Shame we never got both Pumas together in Northallerton!

Will definitley see you at Ford Fair though :)

I know Neil, I remember expecting to see you on the A19 seen as I was going to York regularly-as it happens I can't think of 1 occasion where Ive seen an FRP whilst out in my puma lol.

Anyway, me and my dad spent all day clearing the garage so the MR2 could fit beside my Dad's Westfield. Then I cleaned the car very quickly so it was clean before putting it away for the night, ready for a proper session tomorrow with polish and wax :)

DSCF1970-1.jpg

DSCF1972.jpg

DSCF1977.jpg

DSCF1975.jpg

DSCF1973.jpg

Thought I'd share some more pics as the MR2 seems to be liked by those on here!

The car's pretty much ready now, it's been T-cutted, polished and waxed, under the bonnet (that;s the front compartment not where the engine is) has been cleaned, and the interior cleaned.

Pics.....

MR2021.jpg

MR2022.jpg

MR2023.jpg

MR2024.jpg

MR2025.jpg

MR2026.jpg

MR2027.jpg

MR2027.jpg

MR2029.jpg

MR2030.jpg

MR2032.jpg

MR2034.jpg

MR2035.jpg

MR2036.jpg

MR2037.jpg

MR2038.jpg

MR2039.jpg

MR2040.jpg

MR2041.jpg

It's come up really well I think, especially for a '96.

Just a few bits to arrive for the interior to replace worn bits, then it's good to go!

Back