Puma pulls to right when accelerating in slippery conditions

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zedder

Now we have lots of snow and ice here in Finland which is of course normal situation in January. My Puma has always had a problem when accelerating in slippery conditions: it pulls to right.

I have replaced both front lower arms and got front shocks tested and they are in good condition. Wheel alignment has been also adjusted last month. Tyre Air pressure is of course checked. I have studded tyres and i have checked that there is no much difference in their condition. I have also replaced drivers/left side cv joint about a year ago.

Is there something else I should check? TCS/ABS seems to be working (no warning lights), but is there possibility that something is still not OK with those systems? I think drivers side (left here) TCS/ABS -system rattles louder than other side, but it might be so just because it is closer to driver.

Someone who thinks he knows something about cars told me that it is possible that this pulling thing is caused by different length of drive shafts and it is not a fault. Is it so and nothing can be done?

After reading everything that you've checked, I think it is the driveshafts being different lengths as that was in my head before I started to read the post. Unless somebody knows anything else I think that's the only answer. Is it under gentle acceleration as well or just hard?

left side will always lose grip first due to shorter shaft on that side, unless you get a lsd thats the way it is im afraid.

if you try and do a burnout you will often find the only wheel that spins is the left

OK. It seems that this slipping is normal.

I read through ScubaSteve´s how to quide and I don´t think I´m gonna play with LSD or other substances... It looks like a very big job.

I guess I just have to compensate this pulling using clutch and steering wheel then...

Back