Puma service by Allison Automotive

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Woodward

Yesterday we collected my MSB one from Chris Allison at Allison Automotive. It had his stage 1 engine service, gearbox rebuilt, new clutch and slave cylinder etc. The car has done under 60k miles and while it was Ok it didn't seem to go as well as my Thunder (which passed 155k yesterday), now it's really going well. I can't praise Chris enough for his workmanship and attention to detail and the total price was very reasonable. I can thoroughly recommend him.

IMG_20221227_153920212.jpg

John, I wonder if yours (like mine) was slightly mis-timed on the valve timing. Mine went considerably better after I'd set the timing properly. The ape who'd done it before me broke the timing cover, too - so I fitted a 2nd hand replacement.

George, I don't know if the timing was out, but Chris Allison has done a great job, so much attention to detail, even things like the block to bulkhead earth cable replaced, which was on my to do list. Drove the Puma yesterday to a car group drive out day and it goes really well, gearbox was rebuilt as well as a new clutch, even Jenny commented on how well the car drives now.

Back