Pumabuild

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not bad value, but it depends on whether you like the piper exhaust.

Personally I'd stick a Milltek exhaust on instead. The difference in bhp is hardly noticable either I'd think.

I like the Piper system, when mine finally falls off I have the 4" slash or the 3" rolled in mind. Bit noisier than the Miltek but I don't mind this!

You could probably get similar setup most places for around the same sort of price.

I think Dal's setup is similar, he has an ECU re-map, miltec system etc.

whats the difference between the piper and the milltek?

is it just looks or is there a difference in quality?

mikey said:
whats the difference between the piper and the milltek?

is it just looks or is there a difference in quality?

In terms of sound - the piper can not really be described as subtle IMO. If your driving round town, everyone will know you've had your exhaust changed (or just think you have a hole in it) The Milltek is more subtle at low revs about town - almost the same as a std one, just deeper and a bit more growly.

As far as quality goes, I doubt there is much in it to be honest. Both are well regarded and well made.

Looks wise : I prefer the look of the Milltek as it's oval in a similar fashion to the original.

I expect the £500 includes the <hour labour to fit the exhaust and the panel filter.

@Dal .. Do think think PB piggy back a module onto the ECU to adjust for the airflow benefits of the less restrictive exhaust and the slight benefit of the air filter?

They might do, but wouldn't it just be easier to plug the laptop into the car and reprogramme the ECU?

Why should it matter which ECU they have? They can all be programmed. Yes the DUDE one is easier to change to FRP, but they're all possible.

The air filter change shouldn't need an ECU upgrade - the Mass Air Flow sensor adjusts for that anyway.

http://www.millteksport.com/index.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/showdetails.php?id=164" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ouch - thats pricey

whats involved in fitting a panel filter - ive fitted a K&N Typhoon to one of my roadsters before which involved removing loads of plastic from the engine bay

VickyDink had hers fitted for about £310 fitted I think...... although she was having other work done at the time. Can't remember how much mine was :pinkeye: although I did have it powerflexed at the same time.

Panel filters as far as I am aware are simply an uprated filter and should just sit where the standard one does.

I paid £700 which got me a Milltek FRP cat back system and 4-2-1 manifold at Pumaspeed.

Was that without the cat then Peter and a de-cat pipe?

Back