Pumaspeed FRP fibreglass kit?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moondustka

Would be really good to know if anyone has seen this and what sort of quality it is? Seems to be the only FRP kit available.

I have this kit as an option or the S1600 kit, but it's a lot more expensive + wider which may mean more work at the front to get the wheels in the right place.

http://www.pumapeople.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=108012&hl=kizza&st=0

don't know if he still makes these, but they are a lot cheaper than the pumaspeed kits

^^Steer well clear of that!! Buy cheap..maybe if you're lucky get really cheap 6 months later.

There are a few replicas with the Pumaspeed kit, it's all in the fit and finish. It's also one of the only options. The Black Puma owner from the pictures is on the forum somewhere I believe.

This was my worry, I didn't want the Pumaspeed kit to be like the one Kieran produced - just not high enough quality for me.

The MDV S1600 kit is very good quality but more than twice the price. After all, they produced the kit for Ford, so maybe it's actually good value?

moondustka said:
[post]358959[/post] This was my worry, I didn't want the Pumaspeed kit to be like the one Kieran produced - just not high enough quality for me.

The MDV S1600 kit is very good quality but more than twice the price. After all, they produced the kit for Ford, so maybe it's actually good value?

Hi Ben, if Ex-Pressed are re-doing the FRP panels why not go for those? Unless you specifically after fibreglass of course.

The company that make the PumaSpeed kit are based just behind the bodyshop used (and trust) for my FRP. They seemed to rate him but can try and find a bit more out for you if you like as they are only 10 mins away

The kit kieran sold was shit, however I bought a frp front bumper from pumaspeed and you can notice the difference straight away, I did some research before buying it, and I found that frp owners would buy from pumaspeed when they needed to replace there damaged bumper. Hope this helps.

XAF said:
[post]358961[/post] The company that make the PumaSpeed kit are based just behind the bodyshop used (and trust) for my FRP. They seemed to rate him but can try and find a bit more out for you if you like as they are only 10 mins away

James, that would be excellent! My worry was that Pumaspeed made them in house.

rnnicol said:
[post]358964[/post] The kit kieran sold was shit, however I bought a frp front bumper from pumaspeed and you can notice the difference straight away, I did some research before buying it, and I found that frp owners would buy from pumaspeed when they needed to replace there damaged bumper. Hope this helps.

Thanks for that Richard.

g-whizz said:
[post]358960[/post]
moondustka said:
[post]358959[/post] This was my worry, I didn't want the Pumaspeed kit to be like the one Kieran produced - just not high enough quality for me.

Hi Ben, if Ex-Pressed are re-doing the FRP panels why not go for those? Unless you specifically after fibreglass of course.

Greg, I looked on their website and they only do standard Puma stuff. Perhaps I would need to ring. The rear quarters could do with being fibreglass because I need the back end to be as light as possible. Front could actually do with being a bit heavier, but I think the fibreglass wings won't be much more expensive if at all.

This is all really helpful :thumbs: thank you guys.

Ok, think I've made up my mind - going to go for a genuine JWRC S1600 kit.

James, no need to find out any more info, but thanks.

moondustka said:
[post]358976[/post] Ok, think I've made up my mind - going to go for a genuine JWRC S1600 kit.

James, no need to find out any more info, but thanks.

And I'd just got his phone number :wink:

For anyone else, apparently they are very good!

moondustka said:
[post]358976[/post] Ok, think I've made up my mind - going to go for a genuine JWRC S1600 kit.

... will look the dog's danglies am sure mate. Not wishing to muddy the waters any further but if you after a lighter rear didn't some guys do a carbon fibre Puma shell or the like? Thought about hitting them up for something?

EDIT: (re. Ex-pressed, might be worth a call depending on your requirements?)

Hi James, I may be looking for a passenger wing, in the new year, so keep hold of the number, do you think they would make them without going through pumaspeed, they charge £150, I wonder if they would be cheaper??

Latest posts

Back