Questions about the Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaintGrimm

Having a chat with a friend of mine who loves Japanese cars (as do I, I grew up with Honda's) and of course, because I have a Puma, he had a few digs (as people do - ALL THE TIME) because he has a B16 Civic which is producing 160BHP in a car the size of our Puma's, so I gave him the keys to my Jack and sent him on his way.

He now loves it. Unsurprisingly.

We were wikipedia-ing the cars after and we came across a few bits that I am skeptical about. As we all know, Wikipedia isn't entirely truthful (I was a guitarist for the Jackson 5 for sometime) so I was wondering about a few things that this forum can clear up.

Apparently;
1. The Puma has a 50% shorter throw than the Fiesta Zetec S which we share engines with?
2. The Puma has a short ratio box?
3. Yamaha codeveloped the engines?

Are those facts true? As a lot of people I know stand up for the Puma when it comes under fire from the Axis alliance, so I could use the ammo :p

Yamaha did co develope the engine

Quick look on tintanet apparently the mk4 -mk5 1.25 1.4 and 1.6 fiestas and puma 1.4 and 1.6 all share the same gear box and the 1.7 has a longer box mostly noticeably in first and second gear

Back