Quick fix

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XIIVVX

Older members will know that I run a £600 from eBay Skoda pick-up in white.

Well not so much white as matt white / grubby grey / mildew green and rust.

The thing deserves a little TLC. What do those who know suggest for an ultra quick fix with as little elbow grease as possible.

This is not intended to bring it to concours standard, more to the level where people will look at it and think - "That could use a bloody good clean"

:lol:

I run an old transit and the roof can get a tad green..

I use a rubbing compound (like coarse T-cut) It`se back to white in no time.

It`s not something you want to be doing on a weekly basis, but as a "quick fix" you`ll be right..

Not used it myself but from what I've read on here what about using foam on it?

Doesn't that remove all crap while you can sit and have a nice cuppa, then a quick rinse after (the pickup not you) ;)

Assuming you have a jet wash and foam gun of course, no elbow grease but maybe a bit of cash.

For least effort&cost but with best white results (assuming you don't care about micro marring or swirls) pressure wash (if u have one) then just a quick heavy pressure sponge wash with whatever you have (fairy liquids ok for this in truth)

Buy a 500ml bottle of tardis below (no Dr Who gags please) wait till the cars dry, spray it generously over the paintwork then wipe off with a microfibre cloth (bit of pressure helps and wear gloves, oh and a mask as it sinks) this product doesn't damage paint in anyway.

It's all white again.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/181297109437?nav=SEARCH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

grayfox said:
(assuming you don't care about micro marring or swirls)

That's a fairly safe assumption :lol:

Thank for all your help. The Tardis is something I have never heard of and certainly looks interesting.

I'll post an image shortly so you can see where we are starting from

Wash with a big bucket of fairly liquid saturated warm water, then wash it again with the same (clean) solution with a clay mitt like one of these:

a7ygujup.jpg

http://www.halfords.com/motoring-travel/cleaning-body-repair/detailing-products/farecla-g3-body-prep-clay-mitt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can use it like you do a sponge / wash mitt (so its dead simple to use) but you'll feel the crud coming off and the paintwork getting smoother. Hopefully you'll pull lots of the dead, stained and oxidised paint off with it. Then rinse the mitt in clean bucket (remember the 2 bucket method? lol) and re-soak the mitt and go again on more paintwork.

edu2yvy2.jpg

Then dare I suggest some wax? :lol:

Or just spend a tenner and take it to your nearest roadside car wash place.

XIIVVX said:
Well here's the 'Before'
Hmm, I'm reckoning that you'll need more than a clay mitt to sort that one out. :)

Wash it best you can, then T Cut, electric drill and this >lot< are the tools for that job. I think we're past any swirl mark concerns here. :p

Still think 'Tardis' is your best bet for least price&effort, will dissolve those mould stains quick sharp :eek:k:

Latest posts

Back