QUICK RELEASE STEERING WHEEL

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackKnight1982

Ive had a MOMO steering wheel sitting around for ages, so i think its time to put it in my puma with a quick realease system to STOP them pesky kids stealing it!
SW-QR-BLUEa.jpg

SW-QR-BLUEb.jpg

Cool :D

I think the standard wheel but the quick release seems like a good idea!

Would you be able to do it with a standard wheel due to the airbag? I thought you were supposed to leave them for 30 minutes or so after disconnecting the battery to stop it going off when you tampered with the connections, or is that just the seatbelt tensioners? :)

Mort, quite right. It wouldn't be possible at all with an airbag connected. You'd need an aftermarket wheel for it to work.

looking at the 2 wires in there, I think the circuit is most likely for the Horn. you might need to wire your own circuit for the airbag if you want it to be able to work with the airbag.

That aside, I think it would be a complicated issue if you want to use it with an airbag though. you will have to test the circuits and make sure it works properly as well ;)

I think it could be done but it would be a ball ache with the airbag wiring! as i could imagine going to clip the steering wheel in the car and BANG!!!!

It must be possible as I see lots of Elises with removable steering wheels due to the pain in the arse access to actually get in the car. Different wiring granted.

Just saying it's possible that's all...

:whoops:

My bad.. getting my cars mixed up again. No Elises have drivers airbags in the steering wheels. Exiges can be though.

Ignore my ramblings....

:oops:

Back