Radiator

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rnnicol

Hi folks,
I was tinkering with my 1.7 as you do and noticed that my radiator is looking a little rusty, but not leaking, so went down to Ford for a price and found it would cost £165 (approx), so I'm just wondering if anybody has tried an alternative radiator to the Ford one ?

Hi Barry, it does have ac, I'm looking for a new one, rather than used this time, unless it looks new. Mine looks as though it's gonna fall apart.
How you getting on, I'm trying to think of something I need to collect that'll get me back down to your neck of the woods, so unless you're got a frp wing I'm stuck lol.

Have you heard any report about the radiator s on eBay ?, they seem reasonable, but no point in buying cheap to buy twice.

Hi Richard
Yeah if I see a new Rad for A/c cheap I'll be having it as well to add to my spares. I can't say anything about the Rads on Ebay but genuine has to be the best. I wonder if Expressed panels can knock up an FRP front wing for you, might be worth asking.
You're always welcome to pop in for a cuppa when you're down here :)
Barry

Your a gentleman, I think your right about buying Ford, I didn't know there were two types, every day's a school day.

Probably not much help, but I'll post this anyway..

I have had an aftermarket radiator but was bought from a suppliers website not Ebay.
The radiator was good quality, the core was actually thicker than the standard item and was a lot cheaper than Ford.
No idea where I got it from as I bought it a few years ago!

Didn't notice that lol,
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but does the puma with ac have two radiator s, the one at the front is for the ac, and the one at the back is for the engine, and there not linked, just share the same space, so that would mean that both can be changed independently to each other ?.

The guy from ford told me that any 1.7 radiator would fit my 1.7.

Hi Richard
If this helps the outlets on my early non A/C rad are different to the outlets on my later AC rad, they may fit with different hoses but they are not the same.
Don't think all Ford parts guys are the same, the guy at Trustford in Huddersfied is a gem and will search out old parts for you whereas the parts guy at Wakefield said he doesn't sell bleed nipples only full calipers (w++++r!)
Barry

As always your probably right, I was at the breakers today after work for a look, and they only had one black puma, thought there would have been more, but I did, managed to pick up a gear knob, again surprised as these are normally first to go. Thanks again for keeping me straight.

Back