Radio Code - How To Get

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HI there

I have seen a 5000RDS for sale that does not have it's security panel. I know that I can buy a replacement panel easy enough but how would I know what the security number will be? Is it set by the panel or the radio itself? If it is the radio itself will it be a case of obtaining the serial number from the seller to gain the correct radio code?

Many thanks

Radio itself, serial number is usually on the side of the unit. You can switch a new panel on and it should work (at least it has for me previously on a 6000 series I had with worn buttons)

Cheers Red. So my safest bet is to gain the serial number from the seller and then let one of you good folks make sure it has a valid code?

gigglebug said:
[post]349473[/post] Cheers Red. So my safest bet is to gain the serial number from the seller and then let one of you good folks make sure it has a valid code?
Well, you can look up the code yourself - http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=139541#p139541

Damned if I'd give out the serial number of my radio to a stranger though, potential buyer or not. Would be a very odd request.

Thank you for the link, I've saved the Pumapeople page. Would it be that odd of a request given the definite need for a code to have a working unit and the seller not being able to provide one? I'd turn the statement around and say I'd be damned if I would give my money for something that has the potential to be unusable from the off especially as it's incomplete in the first place and already requires further expenditure.

The other option of course would be to point the seller in the direction of the PumaPeople page so that they can get the code for themselves.

Hello,

I retrieve an Ford Blackpunkt Travelpilot in a 2004 Focus

With Visteon audio system like the 6000 cd , no problem to search the code with Etis (i have a Etis access at work)
but with that
hqdefault.jpg

ETis don't know the serial number

Can you help me ?

Latest posts

Back