Radio fitment problems.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supersonic

Hi peoples.

I'm trying to fit an aftermarket Sony radio into Crystalpuma's car and it's not having any of it. The plastic sleeve the radio comes with isn't quite large enough to fit the metal hanger thingy in the top of the radio slot.

I've tried to take the sleeve off the the standard unit but that doesn't seem possible. I don't want to be heavy handed so am a bit stuck, anyone have any ideas?

it does if you pull the top of the radio off then the clip lifts up i think then drill a small hole in it then attach that to your new one smiles all round :p

Is the radio then ruined for installing in any other cars? It's not likely to stay in mine due to inevitable death of mine at some point...

I had a Sony BT-3700U in mine; El Dude had to cut the cage a bit with a dremel to get the white plastic hook at the back to engage with the slidey rail thing.

It has since been sold to Arch Bishop, with the intention of going in Jegger but is now in his comedy Subaru.

Hmm bit out of our league, looks like all the money I spent on the fascia etc was wasted :(

Never mind, I don't really care!

Thanks for explaining though :)

Latest posts

Back