Rallyday 2011 Castle Combe

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dogsbody

Big Al has asked me to organise this years show.Never having done anything like this before, be patient as I expect I will need a hand from Al at some point :oops:
I have used his post from last year to get the topic up and running quickly.
The organisers have asked me to get everything in ASAP but 20th August is the dead line, so I will need money and a definite yes a couple of days before.

event info here

http://www.rallyday.com/index.html

well ive just been looking and rallyday is on the saturday 17th of september this year.

the last three years we have had a really good turnout and a mix of weather but 2008 was a brilliant day and 2009 was amazing weather also. and i think we all got a bit burnt :lol:

Our stand is only allocated for the rpoc so we are only meant to have racing pumas on the stand but usually manage to sneak one or two standard pumas onto the stand, but two is the maximum.

if you havent been to rallyday before you wont regret it i used to go to alot of shows every year and rallyday was always my favourite, the range of rally cars from all through the years is immense and the track action is also brilliant with pro rally drivers out on track all day long ( miko hirvonen the last two years).

there are also stunt shows and a rally parade/track attack for a couple of hours.

ill arrange meeting times nearer the time but i think we will keep it to the normal Castle Combe meeting point which is Morrisons car park, i know it means some have to travel a few miles out of their way but i think its easiest all round and seems to be alot less traffic coming from that way.

tickets are £18 each plus your paddock pass which is included in this price, each additional passenger will also cost £13. i think it is well worth the money as it really is an amazing day/show.

we had 14 frp's in 2007 and 12 in 2008 and about 24 last year, which was brilliant and i managed to secure us a really big stand space which was also right next to the trackside so will try this place again this year depending on numbers.

lets hope for a big turnout but please be quick with payment and letting me know please.

thanks

Graham

you can either pay me by cheque or Paypal as a "Gift" after you have put your name down on this thread i will contact you with details or address etc.

thanks very much and i hope to see lots of you coming to rallyday 2011 :).

2007:

2007.jpg

2008:

2008.jpg

2009:

med_gallery_4936_291_300821.jpg

med_gallery_4936_291_214408.jpg

gallery_4936_291_427115.jpg

med_gallery_4936_291_556766.jpg

hirvonen :).

hirvonen.jpg

attendees list:

1)Dogsbody - FRP072

ive always wondered why is it only RPOC with coombe?? yet other ford clubs its not an "RS only" thing?? is there some relationship with coombe and RPOC?? Youd think there would be more attendance if it was open to all if you get me.

Id go if a stand was organised, seeing as graham doesnt want my multicolour puma on stand as I didnt give him a passenger ride yesterday :p

I'll probably be going anyway even if a stand isnt organised.

The reason it's only the RPOC is that the show is about motorsport and unfortunately they are pretty hot on this.
The FRP qualifies as to what it is, how it was developed and by whom.
We can normally slip a 1.7's in with the FRP's provided there are a decent number coming.
Only about 6 or 7 so far :cry:

Reechard, you missed out on a good day at Keevil.
The FRP was severely trashed, I got the sort of fuel economy only Warren experiences in a Puma :lol:
75 miles to a brimmed tank :shock:
Hassled a Porsche Boxster, & over took loads of stuff.
Some lad in a Clio 176? came over saying how evenly matched our cars were.
I did mention the 20 odd BHP advantage he had over me. Looking back on my in car video, I over took him on every session we were out together. :grin:

Only let down by lack of serious BHP on the straights.

Castle coombe have no problem with the focus ST club having a stand. It may be worth contacting them directly to see if project puma would be eligible to have a stand.

Yes there is some behind the scenes link between coombe & the RPOC, as the RPOC get to do the parade every year on RS coombe, regardless of the theme.

damn my sons birthday and i am at a wedding during the day, i would have loved to have come for a blast in my two cars...

Back