rattle from door

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMOAKS

hi

got a rattle in my drivers door :evil:
any ideas??
also my door open light wont go out even though no doors are open :?:
any ideas??

ooh last thing, any one got a fuse cover (interior) and/or a airvent cover and/or a wheel nut???

cheers

tom

Rattle could be a broken clip.

Door light could be a faulty switch or the switch contact not being properly made at the boot or bonnet.

i had light problem and it turned out that the latch the bonnet clips into was bent.

Try getting someone to press down on the bonnet and watch the light to see if it goes out.

All i done to fix it was push the latch down a little and bent it back into place, don't push too hard though like i done as i struggled to get the bonnet back open and had to pull the wire with pliers lol.

Failing that then it's most probably a faulty switch as Red said.

My interior light comes on and stays on for a while after I have turned the ignition off, even when I open the door? Are you referring to that, or do you mean when the engine is running?

Regarding the rattling, as previously suggested, if it's a clip or something like that then you you can replace it etc. In my previous car I got a bit obsessed with tracking down every rattle and creak that came from anywhere inside the car, best advice if it is loose trim rattling is to put some material behind there to dampen it, those little sticky pads you get for fixings are good, just leave the "peel" on the outer side.

Back