Rear arch & rust - should I source my own wings

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fanwheel

The usual rust is starting to bubble through on my drivers side arch, and in the next year or so I intend to get a bodyshop do the Peugeot 205 front wing fix.

Sorry if this is a silly question but not having had such work done before, is the 'done' thing to source the wings yourself, or do they sort all this out for you??

And has anyone got any recommendations for bodyshops in West Sussex?

Thinking of getting 2 wings and setting one aside for the other arch, as for when/if needed on the other side. My Puma is pampered in the garage and only comes out on sunny days, so hopefully any rust onset will be slowed, at the very least.

From reading other posts I suspect you have to provide the pug wings.
Apparently they are 'opposite'. OSF pug arch fits NSR Puma.
TBH that arch in the pic does not look that bad yet.(or has it been done before?).
I think it will be quite a while before that becomes too unsightly.

tuonokid said:
And Kizza on here is doing steel replacement arch panels to save you buying Pug wings.
Barry

Yep, the bodyshop we used made a good job with the Kizza (Fibrebuild on facebook) panels that were cheaper than sourcing and chopping 206 wings.

How far west are you in West Sussex? There's a very good body shop just outside Burgess Hill that did my arches - South Downs Body Shop.

Thanks all - this forum is a very useful place. Yeah my arch isn't that bad yet. I guess living in the garage will help, but I suppose the rust can only get worse over time. Love early Pumas and i intend to keep her for many years, so will get it done eventually.

I've had a look at Kizzas panels and they look good thanks 748 and Barry and Muzboy. May well put in an order and eventually get them to a bodyshop. Got a few dents and dings to sort out at the same time. I'm in Shoreham so Burgess Hill is doable, thanks for the recommendation Arch Bishop.

Back