Rear arches

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fefu17

Just found this one..

https://sites.google.com/site/lblcarrestorations/custom-made-panels/ford-puma-wheelarches" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I did mine using a 206 arch but thought might be useful to someone...perhaps anyone who has more info...?

At £600 to do both sides the price is not worth it imo. You can pick up 206 wings for probably about £20-£30 each and from what i understand wont cost you anywhere near as much as what that guy is charging to get them fitted and sprayed.

Mine cost £220 plus the 206 wing at £20, but it's already rusting through after 21/2 years. Just goes to show the quality of Peugeots!

How many hours labour did it take?

I am torn between ordering the panels from Germany or using a 206 wing.

Either way 2.5 years life will give us time to decide what to do next :grin:

Maybe the prob wasnt the wing but rather the mechanic who did it didnt treat the rust inside the car or didnt seal his work properly

hotrodspike said:
Mine cost £220 plus the 206 wing at £20, but it's already rusting through after 21/2 years. Just goes to show the quality of Peugeots!

You have to assume then that the fitter did not rust-proof the metal before spraying it. Even cheap metal should last longer then that if it was properly treated before being sprayed.

Either that or you have been parking it in a Canal :-D

anyone know where to get genuine panels?

a mate who has a body shop has the offside rear quarter and will let me have it for free (if I give him the work of doing the arches) so if I could get the nearside panel too I would be chuffed :)

Short of cutting one off a decent one in a breakers im not sure how you would get an "official" one. Last I heard there are no official rear quarter spares hence why most people use 206 front wings

Back