Rear light project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roomy

I am currently half way through a rear light project, initially I just wanted to remove the lenses but I've questioned a few other options now the lenses are off and my imagination getting carried away.
As you can see I've decided to spray them but can't decide between the silver or graphite grey, there might already be enough silver on my car as it is :roll:
What do you guys think?
Silver (left) grey (right) although I quite like them as they are now blended maybe? It may be pretty hard to get them to match though..
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I've already ordered the rubbers but before I seal the lenses in I was wondering about replacing the indicator with a White lense and silver/orange bulb. Which brings me to my next question..as it is a sealed unit I doubt anyone has the lenses themselves lying about but if anyone has broken light(s) that I could salvage could you let me know or anybody any ideas where I can get similar clear or even smoked lenses?
Thanks
Hannah

What's the middle photo, is that the graphite? It looks darkest whatever it is. That's my personal preference out of them. It looks matt as well? It's nice.

I did silver to the left of the light and grey to the right...I was struggling to get the right angle for people to see the contrast between the 2. All the photos are of the same light. After I took the masking tape off the lenses it made the silver look darker anyway.
It is metallic graphite grey, pics were pre-laquer which is maybe why it looks matt..
Cheers :grin:

Practically finished now guys, just got to tidy them up abit and the the all important waterproof testing (I think leaving it out in the rain today should do it!) not bad for first attempt. I may try another pair with different rubbers when I've regained some patience :D image.jpgimage.jpg

Latest posts

Back