Removing tailgate badge

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sylvester

Hi all, I've searched around but found nothing about this. I've tried to remove the tailgate badge by sticking a screwdriver underneath, that didn't help, just a tiny bit of chrome came off. How shall I approach this? Thanks

I imagine it would need to be heated slightly as I expect like the front they are glued on.

red said:
[post]368179[/post] I imagine it would need to be heated slightly as I expect like the front they are glued on.
I thought they might be one of those pop out ones, good thing I didn't force it more, thanks Red

Try looping some thread under one end, and "sawing" it off with the thread.

Pkp said:
[post]368216[/post] Try looping some thread under one end, and "sawing" it off with the thread.
That's a good idea, thanks Pkp, I'm probably gonna use the heating first and then the threading, that'd work good, cheers :eek:k:

Okay the badge has come off. It came off fairly easy just few tiny bit of scratches appeared around it :/
I like it, from behind kinda looks like a mini ferrari now. Only issue the badge was actually in a hole, so from close up its noticeable, but nothing biggie. :eek:k:

Latest posts

Back