repair help! car wont lock!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarkie

ever since i removed my door handles from inside the car to retrim my drivers door doesnt lock properly. it worked perfectly fine before but now i have refitted the door handles in and i lock the key from either the fob or the drivers door the car locks, then the lock pops back out again so the car is open, if i go and lock it from the passenger door it locks just fine so its obviously something to do with the drivers side but the mechanism seems to work fine as it locks it just doesnt catch if you know what i mean, and it unlocks with the fob no problem, i can tell it wants to lock it just cant, im sure its catching something or the wire is twisted or something but the door skin is in the way and i cant see anything at all to try and correct and wrong.

has anyone had this problem before and knows how to sort it, my car locks but its very annoying having to walk round the passenger side to lock it every time i get out!

Put a little bit of grease, silicon or vaseline, on the mechanisms mate. Then use the key for a few days to get the grease throughout the lock and save the motors from strain. I think it's worked on mine had no problem for a few days now.

you mean remove the mechs from the door and grease them up or just squirt or apply to the latch bit you see in the side of the door?

No mate, I just suirted some grease on the bits you can see then used the key to lock/unlock for a few days to work it in. Seems to have done the trick (I hope)

Back