Replacing CV Boots

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scz4

Guys,

Anyone got a guide on how to do this? It's the drivers side. Tried to search but as you can imagine there are a lot of entries for boot and CV must be too small to be included in the search.

I beleive this is no included in the MOT test as of the 1st of Jan so should probably get it done in advance.

Graeme

This should give u some idea. There not to bad, just fiddly and time consuming. This guide should give a good idea. It's on the fiesta but should work the same. Also I'd disconnect the battery as u may get abs light come on. Good luck.
http://www.fiestaguides.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1848" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for the link, looks easy :D

Had a look on Eurocarparts, but the only sell the outer ones, which I assume is the one next to the hub which is no use. I need the inner one. Will take a look on ebay.

Ring up ford and ask them which one u need as "u think you've been told the wrong one" :wink:
Works for me. Then go back and order the cheaper version elsewhere. U can actually get two types I believe, the stretchable version which stretches over the cv joint or the harder version which requires removal of the joint itself. I may be wrong though.
Also the bottom pinch bolt and nut may be seized like it was on my sisters. I undid the nut, hacksawed through the bolt thread and smacked away with the lump hammer until the bolt popped out. I then replaced with a new bolt and nut from the stealers. Check before u start cutting though as u may find out, like my useless ford garage, they don't carry stock and have to order one in.

Latest posts

Back