respray

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

just a heads up to anyone that lives round lincolnshire i have been quoted rusr removal and respay of the whole car £350

Blooming heck! That's cheap. Cut-out rust removal or just treat and fill?

What sort of whole respray would you get for £350!? Do you have previous work to go on?

I'll be interested as I'm not a million miles away.

well i will be getting it done so i will update as soon as its it i think its treat and fill but he does do welding aswell but i never went into that i just wanted the rust out of the way.

Ah, ok. Ask how much extra for cutting the rust out and welding a new piece of metal in. Or else if he treats and fills, you'll see the rust again soon enough. Only way to really get rid is to cut the bugger out.

I'd say it's worth asking exactly what they're planning on doing for £350, as that seems ridiculously cheap to me.

£350! that can't be for a 'proper job' mate..

Ive been quoted £800 for mine resprayed in Metallic Panther black and thats mates rates!

Yeah i think that sounds to good to be true. I always thought a respray of any car is going to be £1000+

£350 is far too cheap for a complete re-respray.

Would expect it to be in the £1-2K region.

gave mine its first proper clean this morning and after removing all the dust, dirt and grime found numerous chips and scratches in the paintwork(nothing major as cant rlly be seen from a distance but enough to annoy me) was thinking about cost of a respray but £1000 well out of my budget (car only cost me £700) i used turtle wax colour magic after cleaning to try and get some of them out but it was pretty useless in all honesty. is it worth getting touch up paint or is that just as useless? any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!
cheers, Richard

swiftrich said:
gave mine its first proper clean this morning and after removing all the dust, dirt and grime found numerous chips and scratches in the paintwork(nothing major as cant rlly be seen from a distance but enough to annoy me) was thinking about cost of a respray but £1000 well out of my budget (car only cost me £700) i used turtle wax colour magic after cleaning to try and get some of them out but it was pretty useless in all honesty. is it worth getting touch up paint or is that just as useless? any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!
cheers, Richard

http://www.scuffsnscratches.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Get them to give you a quote hun - local and apparently not too shabby. Point out the bits you want done and ask how much. Failing that try http://www.betterware.co.uk/productdetails.aspx?pid=038915&cid=129&language=en-GB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Used this on my old Rover 420i - the white paint was a pain but this made it come up like new!

just had a quick route in the garage and found nearly a full tube of the scratch remover, so will give that a go tomorrow afternoon. thanks for all the help!!

Just did my bonnet this afternoon. Used:

Car wash. First
1 touchup paint (Melina blue)
1 touchup laquer
1 bottle of T-cut for metallic paint.
1 tin of wax

I started by giving it a quick, light Tcut just to get any stuben dirt off and get rid of very light surfaces.
Then use the touchup paint on any scratch or chip. you can put this on quite thickly and be messy.
Leave this to dry for about 30mins depending on conditions.
Next Tcut the whole area. Do small sections at a time and make sure you get rid of all the excess paint so it's all smooth.
Next use the laquer touchup over the new paint.
Tcut lightly again to take off excess laquer.
Give a bloody good polish with hard wax to protect after all that tcuting.
Stand back and feel good about your self.

Had quote from ST Performance in Retford who does all my mod work, £1200 for:

cutting out and welding on new rear arches (supplied by me).
Fitting vents to bonnet (supplied by me)
filling small damaged section to front wing or replacing front wing
total external respray in matching colour
fitting 4 x sparco mud flaps.

I think this is a dam good quote? Cheers Scott

Back