respray??

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e3silversurfer

Hi all, have anyone done a full respray of their puma (i think some FRP owners have) how much is it roughly to do a good job?? a grand??

thinking of doing a full respray as my puma is full of scratches and recently got keyed on the bonnet. (guess it is a good excuse to do a full respray and sort out the rusty rear arches)

@DC

i got an elise and a puma atm ;)

@AW

thinking o breaking but very tedious job... rather sell it whole but with all the "scars", it is not going to worth much... considering respraying it and see how much it costs first...

Elvin, for a full respray your talking anywhere between £800 and £1200 maybe more, depending on the colour etc...if your staying with the Panther Black then more likely to be the latter as its metallic....

You would be looking at £1000-2000 for a full re-spray of good quality. :)

£2000 - youd be getting ripped!

unless it was a custom colour and more frp money

I'm trying to save my pennies for mine next year, and I don't want to pay much more than a grand for it...

Respraying will never gain you the money spent when selling considering the age of the car etc, therefore not worth it IMO.

hmmm thanks for the tips and advice. I am guessing about £1500 to get a proper job then. I am hoping to get it resprayed in a 1 tone solid colour rather than a metallic or other fancy paint types.

I might look for the body shops taxi drivers use as i think their black colour is fine :p (or maybe white hmmmm)... shouldnt cost more than £1000 imo if I am using standard taxi colours (as taxi drivers know how to skim and save)

i guess if I am going to respray it, i would most probably be keeping it in the end.

now to hunt for a bodyshop :p

Im going to spray mine white. with a blue streakk somewhere. :)
A mate is doing mine says it should be around £400 :) but its for an autocross/rallycross car so not too bothered about quality.

im hoping to go with the same guy eldood went with. his is a proper job, new rivets, arches stripped and re done etc etc. That job will be £1500 but im wanting paintshield installed after that.

I understand what crystalpuma says about you wont see the money when you come to sell. However i dont plan on selling so i dont care, im doing it as i want to

e3silversurfer said:
I might look for the body shops taxi drivers use as i think their black colour is fine :p (or maybe white hmmmm)... shouldnt cost more than £1000 imo if I am using standard taxi colours (as taxi drivers know how to skim and save)

How does the black colour vary whether it is done by a taxi body shop or just a general car body shop? :p

Mark1 said:
e3silversurfer said:

How does the black colour vary whether it is done by a taxi body shop or just a general car body shop? :p

i mean i will use the black colour paint which taxi's use rather than go for the standard panther black from fords :)

Back