Retro fit Millenium leather seats into a 1998 Puma.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSP

I've seen some posts on the retro fitting of seats but I wondered if anyone knows whether or not you can fit the Recaro leather seats from a Puma Millenium into a 1998 Puma?

I've located the seats, (although not bought them yet), and just wondered if this is actually possible as I'm beginning to notice a few differences between my 1998 Puma and my 2000 Puma Black.

Many thanks.

The 98 floorpan could be different to the 00 however I've seen a 97 Puma with Millennium seats so I can assume they can be fitted providing you have the correct parts.

The '98 floor pan uses the top hat raisers on the inner rear mounting for the front seats.
The newer seats don't use them because the inner rear part extends lower, directly to the floor.

So if you put newer seats in an older car, be sure to remove the older top hat raisers, and the fit should be straight forward, assuming the Millie seat bases are the same as standard seats.

Hi All
I have just bought and had refurbished a complete Recaro interior from a Millenium Puma and want to fit them to my W Reg 1.7 Puma
Are there any pit falls? Or is it a simple ‘plug n play?’
I did read somewhere about ‘top hat’ fittings also disconnecting the battery to re-set the seatbelt tensioners
Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Cheers all

You should match the pretensioners. There are two kinds. The one that work with newer and the ones that work with older car SRS systems. They are not interchangeable. IanG will know exact details and point you in the right direction

All sorted... Disconnected the battery - Fitted front seats with supplied ‘top hats’ re-attached the clips and battery and jobs a good’n
Bloody love those seats too... Having had Recaros in most of my previous cars... I really missed them - Thanks for the advice

Latest posts

Back