Rev counter stopped working

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumaspark

to cut along story short my car overheated today all sorted now thank god it did not seize the engine.
Car drives fine now but after changing the temp sender unit flushing the system out and sqeezing pipes to get air out i must of knocked something as my rev counter has stopped working.
All my speedo is working apart from that.
Does any one know where they take the revs from is it the gearbox?
Cheers Marc

mine stopped working other day, just did dashboard diag mode and it stared working again. The ecu outputs the revs

clarkie said:
how you do that dash diag? whats that do?

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=60" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In the "How to guides" :eek:k:

Thanks Dal :grin: yes i just did the diagnostic mode and it worked :lol:
But i still have my old problem, I replaced my engine temp sender and the fan still does not come on when it should it got to 100 degrees C :? and it still was not on.
When you disconnect the plug to the sender, which will basically tell the ECU that it needs to put the fan first stage 1 then full power as it thinks its got too hot and it operates the two stage fan.
My sender appears to be working because it is telling me what the temp is on the diagnostic mode.
Does any one know what resistance should be at any given temperature.
Any Ideas
Thanks Marc :grin:

Back