Riddles

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bethany

Sorry if there’s already a riddle thread, I did have a quick look before posting but I may have missed it.

Anyway here’s a couple for you;

1.Can you name three consecutive days without naming Sunday, Wednesday or Friday?

What am I?

2.I have a mouth but never speak, a bed but never sleep.

1. Yesterday, today, tomorrow?

2. A river

:D

What is once in a minute, twice in a moment, and never in a thousand years?

A man lives in a house with four walls. Each wall has a window. Each window has a southern exposure. A bear walks by. What color is the bear?

You are standing on the top one of two solid metal pillars. They are both exactly one kilometer apart from each other and they both stand one kilometer high. There is absolutely nothing around these pillars, but you have one small twig, one small rock and an unlimited supply of rope. Usuing only the materials named, how can you get from the top of the pillar that you are on to the top of the other pillar?

What English word is nine letters long, and can remain an English word at each step as you remove one letter at a time, right down to a single letter. List the letter you remove each time and the words that result at each step.

STARTLING

- "l" =starting
-"t" = staring
- "a" = string
- "r" = sting
- "t = sing
- "g" = sin
- "s" = in
-e "n" = i

or sparkling

Complete the last two in this sequence: 1=3, 2=3, 3=5, 4=4, 5=4, 6=3, 7=5, 8=5, 9=4, 10=3, 11=?, 12=?

6 for both

eleven = 6 letters
twelve = 6 letters

A farmer was going to town with a fox, a goose and a sack of corn. When he came to a stream, he had to cross in a tiny boat, and could only take across one thing at a time. However, if he left the fox alone with the goose, the fox would eat the goose, and if he left the goose alone with the corn, the goose would eat the corn. How does he get them all safely over the stream?

Trip one - goose
Return empty
Trip two - corn
Return with goose
Trip three - fox
Return empty
Trip four - goose

A frog fell into a hole that was 14 1/2 feet deep. He could jump 3 feet, but he slid back a foot each time he jumped. How many jumps does it take him to get out of the hole?

Seven.

Jump 1 - distance travelled: 2 feet
Jump 2 - distance travelled: 4 feet
Jump 3 - distance travelled: 6 feet
Jump 4 - distance travelled: 8 feet
Jump 5 - distance travelled: 10 feet
Jump 6 - distance travelled: 12 feet
Jump 7 - the 7th jump would take him to 15 feet and therefore outside the hole.

A man had twelve toothpicks in front of him. He took one away. Now he had nine in front of him. How is this possible?

Back