Rocker Cover gasket

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apollo

I have a oil leak on my 2000 1.7 Puma, due to rocker cover gasket failing, I have had 2 from Euro parts, which keep leaking.
cannot get a Ford gasket, as Ford dealers no longer supply them.

Can anyone suggest a suitable aftermarket gasket, which is up to the job.

Elring
I used one of these with a small amount of gasket sealant where it goes around cam pulleys,
Been fine for a few years now

Elring
I used one of these with a small amount of gasket sealant where it goes around cam pulleys,
Been fine for a few years now
Elring is the one I used and had no problems, I didn't use any sealant, just petroleum jelly. I believe that Allison Automotive uses Elring.

Ford didn't make gaskets, they had them made, so if we knew who the OEM manufacturer was, life would be easier.

I have a oil leak on my 2000 1.7 Puma, due to rocker cover gasket failing, I have had 2 from Euro parts, which keep leaking.

I've just fitted an elring one and so far no leaks

Same problem with my FRP so got a replacement from Autodoc. Putting it on next weekend. Fingers crossed no problems.

Latest posts

Back