Rockingham Track Day - Sunday 31st march 2013

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PumaNoob said:
What size are the gloves mate, any pics? I have the opposite problem, my hands are quite big (i can pick up a basketball just grabbing the ball from the top), so i need the bigger sizes!!

Size = Large

$T2eC16ZHJF0E9nmFStGeBRFmD2rc+g~~60_12.JPG

Never been used but without origional packaging. New modern design made of stretch fabric to ensure a comfortable and secure fit. The high grip rubber inserts on the palm and fingers give excellent grip.

Ps - I wanted to mention I returned from collecting the car from steavies under a hour ago... OMG, throttle response is INSANE, slightest touch and its off, ride is even more controlled and planted thanks to new shocks and geniuine track rod ends, power is up to running de-cat and heatwrapped 4-2-1, and I'm hugged lovely by my daytona seats.. ie. I'm a happy chappy. oh and the clutch is an absoloute dream, I can't explain how much better the 1.8 focus feels and reacts, feels like I could wheelspin in 3rd. Fitting sunstip and sprayed extra bits, full photos tomorrow after a wash!

Hells yeah!!! I'm going out now to tune my car!!!

I've been speaking to Ross, so I'll get it all sorted!

Thanks again guys, pulled it out the bag!!

nee worries dude!

Have fun :D wont be popping down though as theres a Minis vs Beetles meet 15mins from the breakfast meet si itd be rude not to bob on to that :lol:

Hi
What's the final arrangements for meeting at Rockingham tomorrow. (I read something about this previously, but can't find it now) Are we meeting in the Macdonalds/Asda Carpark (where we did for the touring cars )before going in?
And then going in as a group or are we going in individually as we arrive at the circuit.

I am only a spectator and will be in my Puma so are we parking near the garages as a group?

If so, What time are we meeting?

Get there for when you can I think. Signing on starts at 8am so about then would be good I guess.

I may have to change my status on this event to maybe, had quite a late night last night and there's some other issues at home and i already done one long trip this week. I'll see how i feel later.

Looks as though you're going to have a >dry< day tomorrow at least. Have fun chaps :eek:k:

Strangely woke up at 3.30am. Been mooching around until now wondering if I should come or not as it's 3 to 3½ hrs away so even if I set off shortly I won't make it until around 10. Car is a salty white mess as I was out in it for a while the other day and I'm in need of a good clean too. :lol:

Then it's going to cost me around £100 for fuel alone. Why can't I have lived more damn central as everything is bloody miles away :crazy:

EDIT: Just noticed that the clocks went forward an hour :shock: That means I had one hour less sleep than I thought. :?

Had a gooday today, hope everyone else did. I'm KNACKERED from wrestling with the car and being in a shit driving position thanks to my height + helmet all day, new seat is a must for future track days I think.

Anyone else worked out fuel economy for the day? On the way down i averaged 39mpg, with some pootling around Corby last night and drivin to and from the track today, I averaged 14mpg!!!!

Track wheels were a waste of time/money in the end too. Don't know if anyone noticed me change them and change them back, but discovered one was badly buckled and juddering its tits off on the sighting lap. Bastard.

My car was actually better then most on fuel, only missed 2 outings and used about half a tank!

Thanks to everyone who attended for an awesome day, thanks to Mac and GingerDave for the laps in their cars, learnt a bit from both of you (even though I overtook mac so quickly he didn't even see me)! It was nice to see some of you again, & nice to meet some new people too.

All I want to know is when is the next one, put my name down NOW!!

I'm really pleased with my car, only problem all day was a pipe blew off the header tank, but that was easily remedied with a helping hand from Mac. Drove flawlessly all the way home too!

I was there... the question is - where were you!?

Image.jpg

Was nice seeing the usual crowd - Mac, Amanda, Aaron, Lottie, Tom, Neil, Errol, Jay etc.

Was also nice to meet Yip, lrrhood, BigAl and mikepass in the flesh!

Would have been nice to meet some other people too, only none of you turned up. :p

Bloody hell I can't believe I missed that picture, I came and went very suttily but like erroll says put me down for the next one when my engines in, was itching to get out on track, next time

Was good to meet you lot atlast even if I only spoke to half of you :)
Glad the day was a success

Had such a great day & really good to meet some new people & finally put names to faces (& cars!) instead of just calling everyone 'mate'! :cool:

Car was fantastic (unlike its driver!) & now I've got even more ideas of what I want to do next. Can't wait till the next one! :grin:

ps also a BIG thanks to Mac & Amanda for letting me stay at their's last nite & allowing me to eat their bacon sarnies!

Had a great day! so happy I had tuiton, was a million times better cos of it and even overtook some peeps, its a great feelin improving so quickly over such a short period of time, can get out there and properly enjoy yourdelf and the car instead of worrying a lot.. would definitely go back again. Brilliant meeting everyone too! :thumbs:

some of my puma, and my fav of BigAl's and Sparx.. seriously can't believe I didnt ask someone to take a pic of me out on track! duh!

DSC_0699_zps7c8db1e0.jpg

DSC_0698_zps44ffdd3a.jpg

DSC_0700_zpsebbabe93.jpg

DSC_0710_zps3eac516c.jpg

DSC_0711_zps9edcfc31.jpg

Awesome day out, good track as well, was fun going flat at 110mph through the banking!!

Think I once again surprised alot of people with the puma, didn't get over taken by anything really and didn't struggle to get past what I chased down either!! I am feeling abit more power is need though.... Time to search for cams!

As for fuel used, I had to stick £15 in at lunch and then a tenner to get home, oh and I started with a full tank! So I reckon 60 litres in total

Latest posts

Back