Rockingham Track Day - Sunday 31st march 2013

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep me and Rob enjoyed meeting everyone.Thanks for the ride Erroll the car is a credit to you :lol: Also enjoyed the drag race up the dual carriage way on way home,we must have been doing nearly 70mph at the top of that hill :grin: :grin: :grin:

gingerdave said:
Yep me and Rob enjoyed meeting everyone.Thanks for the ride Erroll the car is a credit to you :lol: Also enjoyed the drag race up the dual carriage way on way home,we must have been doing nearly 70mph at the top of that hill :grin: :grin: :grin:

Ha ha, that lotus is a monster! Was really good meeting you too mate, you give me a bit more confidence on those bends!!

Ps I think we may have hit 71mph that's why I slowed down, wouldn't want to break the speed limit. Just shows we are all big kids at heart!!!

Oh and I forgot to thank DOH for the tips on setting up the shocks, it certainly felt more stable going into the bends after adjusting the front shocks. I might go for stiffer springs on the rears too.

Very good, if cold, day yesterday. Used 2 tanks of petrol, one for the round trip to Rockingham, one round the track

Next time we must organise a video camera or two to catch us out on track

2013-03-31152906_zps8dcd4848.jpg

2013-03-31150307_zps50d8bd30.jpg

2013-03-31133606_zpse02afa10.jpg

2013-03-31080616_zps20e52b05.jpg

Here's a video I found on YouTube - you can just see a few Pumas in the distance towards the end of the vid...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbUEIi5x-e8[/youtube]

Hey Mike - where'd you get your number plates from; they looked ace!

Forgot to say, special thanks to lrrhood for providing the food - mexican wraps were very good.

Rob - My plates were made up by fancyplates.com

What a great day out it was. Was great to see everyone again, the usual faces, and great to meet a few more people!
Track time was awesome, even got to take Mac's beast out for a few laps :D
Pushed my Puma a bit too hard at one point and ran out of talent on one of the bends! Had a dramatic 90 degree slide, managed to catch it and tried to power through but then the car flicked back round the other way and I spun off and took a cone and some grass/mud with me :lol:
Luckily there was no harm done to me or the car and i managed to carry on without being rescued or stopping track time for others :lol:
However I will not take credit away from Errol (Pumanoob) as he went off before I did... I just learned from the master clearly - that and Mac going off at Brands last year also gave me some inspiration :p
I've posted my pics >HERE< so make sure you go and have a butchers :eek:k:
If you didn't come, you missed a great day...

Rockingham was a great day!

The Car... it took so many hours of work by many people just to get it ready to run on the day.
In the first 30 minutes alone, it used half a tank of fuel... Only one car overtook me (PumaJay) but not to discredit his driving ability which is clearly evident, It was on the first or second lap and I wasn't giving the car everything then. But after that happened, I had visions of Brands Hatch where everyone overtook the Pumas, and I was not going to let that happen again. For the rest of the time the car was on the track... no-one else overtook me. Had some very impressive overtakes, One more so at the end of the day when I passed about 8 cars in just a matter of a few hundred metres.. on one corner.
The unfortunate thing was that I had a bit of an oil leak and the useage of fuel meant I was not on track as much as everyone else was.
Was really good to meet new faces and new cars, annd get some new ideas for my car. It will now go into the Phase two of the build so hopefully it will be ready for the Ford Fair.
Anyone wanting to do more track days... My next is Silverstone at Ford Fair on sessions F & Q.
Really was good to be on track again with Al, Sparx & Jay and for the turnout of the other Pumas, both on track and just come along to see everyone.

Flying Scotsman said:
For the rest of the time the car was on the track... no-one else overtook me.

And just to be clear.. to the lot of you that overtook Mac's puma in one of the sessions.. that was me driving :lol: I didn't wanna give it full beans and glad I didn't as that was right before I spun my own Puma off track :lol:

MikePass said:
Here's a video I found on YouTube - you can just see a few Pumas in the distance towards the end of the vid...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbUEIi5x-e8[/youtube]

That Corrado was right on my rear bumper a couple of times during the course of the day :lol: it was pretty quick

I just want to bring to everyones attention and am actually a little embarrassed that no-one (including myself) has brought this up yet.... and I hope you all join me in this...

I would like to say a massive THANK YOU to Dal for arranging such a great day, getting us the garages and the hospitality room. Its a shame you and Cherie couldn't be there to enjoy the day with us.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Did anyone time their laps? Tiff Needell just lapped Rockingham in a Porsche Cayenne in a time of 1 min 50 seconds on this weeks Fifth gear :)

And yes, thanks Darren.

I've just looked at future track days at Rockingham and they are £195 a day - bit of a step up from what we paid

Thanks Amanda - glad you all had a good day and there were no track horror stories.

:eek:k:

Sounds like it was a great day! I don't think I'd be ready to actually go out on track but would love to come along and see some puma's in action one day.

Just an idea, but for my work I shoot photos and video for marketing (do a lot of sports, not motorsports but I have taken equipment to BTCC a few times for fun!) Have a good dslr with zoom lens and a production video camera with awesome zoom that I'm sure could catch some great footage. Could maybe come along in future to try and get some videos of you guys out on track!

Again another HUGE thankyou to Dal, shame you couldn't make it, hope you can the next one. A great day out and was great to put some faces to names at last. I didn't have much luck with my camera on the day but Aaron managed to get a couple of candid shots on his ipod...

rocab8_zps64bdb7ad.jpg

rocab7_zps15556ff4.jpg

rocab6_zps0b415d60.jpg

rocab5_zps9d4e3d5e.jpg

rocab4_zps2bb96b49.jpg

rocab3_zps32a87923.jpg

roca7_zps10ac9cb1.jpg

roca6_zps4c7673a2.jpg

roca5_zps08bff265.jpg

roca4_zpse62ba00b.jpg

roca3_zpsfa742fa6.jpg

roca2_zpsaf159cdf.jpg

roca1_zps7c7f3fb3.jpg

For those who were doing their first trackday last Sunday,you may be interested in some of these http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackday/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; £49 sounds like a bargain for an evening session at Snetterton.

Latest posts

Back