Rockingham Track Day - Sunday 31st march 2013

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you want i can contact one of the guys from Performace Ford, ive been in contact with a couple of the guys from the mag as they've showed interest in featuring my car so i'l see what i can sort if you'd like me to?

That'd be great Jay - always better to go through someone you know rather than "cold calling". Thanks.

Dal said:
That'd be great Jay - always better to go through someone you know rather than "cold calling". Thanks.

Just emailed alex from performace ford, he has a track puma himself so he may be interested in attending along with us.

Ah! Project Whiskers! That would be a nice tie-in for a feature :eek:k:

EDIT: Cherie says he's moved to Pistonheads now.

okay I will be coming, hopefully with two cars with new engines...nitrous will have the new 250 bhp engine and 418 will have the 300 plus bhp engine. The st's can try and take that if they want but doubt they will.

Dal said:
Ah! Project Whiskers! That would be a nice tie-in for a feature :eek:k:

EDIT: Cherie says he's moved to Pistonheads now.

yup he has, he put me in touch with another guy at the mag and ive emailed him already.

No messing!

PumaJay said:
Dal said:

Just emailed alex from performace ford, he has a track puma himself so he may be interested in attending along with us.

He went in the gravel with it first @ Brands... First off too...

I think projectpuma should allow members to bring other cars...its only fair, and perhaps the way to go with the forum is to open it up to other cars. broaden the appeal...it may make the forum a bit more lively..

paulob1 said:
perhaps the way to go with the forum is to open it up to other cars. broaden the appeal...it may make the forum a bit more lively..

Very true but again if we open it up to too many other forums we're gonna get the same as Brands; 300bhp turbo beasts put a damper on the N/A pumas' day...

Sparx said:
paulob1 said:
perhaps the way to go with the forum is to open it up to other cars. broaden the appeal...it may make the forum a bit more lively..

Very true but again if we open it up to too many other forums we're gonna get the same as Brands; 300bhp turbo beasts put a damper on the N/A pumas' day...

Exactly that Sparx. The odd members car that isn't a Puma is ok but we're not letting it get into a bhp war with anyones car allowed and detract from the Puma owners driving experience.

PumaJay said:
..one other thing i need to ask, whats the noise regs?

Noise Limit: 98db static (all cars subject to noise test)

http://store.rockingham.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=130331" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
^^That's the link to the 31/3/13 day

paulob1 said:
I think projectpuma should allow members to bring other cars...its only fair, and perhaps the way to go with the forum is to open it up to other cars. broaden the appeal...it may make the forum a bit more lively..

Making the forum more lively is one thing, but losing any the great spirit and passion for puma's that this forum has built up over the years is another, and I know that's not what your saying but by dilluting the content with other makes/models it will happen. My suggestion would be have other cars but on one particular forum sub-section and meets wise keep them together in one 'varied' group.

"it's only fair" that the Pumas should be allowed to play on track without being "bullied" by the more powerful cars. It's a ProjectPuma track day, organised by ProjectPuma (me) so Pumas take the priority.

paulob1 said:

Not to worry Paul, there currently is this section on the forum: http://www.projectpuma.com/viewforum.php?f=110" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So all people need to do is utilise this more than they currently do.

is this not a track day put on by rockingham but are allowing us as projectpuma members a discount?

i cant imagine they would put a track day on for potentially 10-15 cars? Is it not just a public day for anyone to book onto?

Correct me if im wrong but that means someone might turn up with a 1000bhp skyline, and this about being bullied by big power cars make no sense, track days are about driving for fun and seeing what your car can do against the big stuff, doesnt bother me what were up against.

I asked that question to Will an hour ago Jay - just waiting an answer....

:eek:k:

Latest posts

Back