Royal Mail shares

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenF

Has anyone else applied for Royal Mail Shares?

I applied for £1000 worth, and expect to get £750 worth. This morning I had an email giving me a shareholder reference number and details of a nominee share service. It also said a separate email had been sent about the allocation I had received. I have not seen such an email though. Not only do I not know (officially) how many shares I have got, but also I don't know how or when I will get my remaining £250 back.

If anyone else got an email advising them how many shares they got, when did the email arrive? I cannot even find a phone number to phone to find out!

Thanks

I think I read somewhere that you'll get your balance back after they've had it for 30 days to make interest on it.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/experts/article-2458868/Royal-Mail-shares-I-applied-750-I-money-back.html?ICO=most_read_module" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A spokesman for the Department for Business Innovation and Skills, which handled the Royal Mail listing, replies: 'The issue of refunds was dealt with in the terms and conditions of the prospectus.

'Any refunds of the difference between what you were allocated and what you spent will be returned on or before the 21 October.

'We needed to take money to make sure people had the money they said they had.'

Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/experts/article-2458868/Royal-Mail-shares-I-applied-750-I-money-back.html#ixzz2hnABIp90" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back via your card I expect.

thanks Dal

the email that they said had been sent separately clearly had not been because I have now received it! Anyone applying for £750 worth will not get the 90p refund they were due (no refunds less than the value of one share! The money not returned will be used for charitable purposes at least); I should get my refund some time soon, anyway! (Yes, refunds will be via the card used to make the initial payment)

Latest posts

Back