screen sizing problem

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenF

hmmm....

I have just got my computer back from intensive care after it had a hard drive transplant. Now I have to reload everything from scratch. I have a 27" Samsung lcd monitor and have successfully installed the correct driver and set the resolution correctly. My problem is that the picture does not fill the screen.

I remember having this problem when I first got the monitor and cannot remember how to stretch the image both vertically and horizontally to fill.

Any advice would be welcome!

Thanks!

When you set the wallpaper, there is an option for 'Stretch' in display settings, or 'personalise', depending on what flavour of Windows you're using.

cj/questy - done those thanks

Neil - thanks, will look into it when I get home but that isn't for another couple of days now!

I've lost count of the number of hard drive replacements I've done for people!

Good to hear you're back up and running.

thanks Matt!

thanks also to others who have made suggestions. It was Pat (Midnight Blue) who found someone's blog telling how to go full screen when using an HDMI cable - the fix is ridiculously easy using Catalyst Control Centre, it is just so well hidden!

I didn't need to be told that!

The first time I had the problem a friend found the solution for me and I should have written it down then!

Back