Seat fit yay!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Severio

Hey people!
So as the title suggests I've just finished swapping over the old fabric seats from my 2000 puma into the wife's 1999 puma, her fabric bolster was starting to get a bit tatty. (I have leathers fitted now)
I'm not 100% sure if other puma fabric/leather seats can be disassembled in the same way, the only difference I found were the frames and the plugs for the pre-tensioner so I had to unbolt the seat bases an backs off the original frames an swap them over.
I didn't take any pictures but if your mechanically minded you should be fine, just remember to disconnect the battery an leave it for 30 minuets before removing the seats from the car.
I removed the bases first (drivers seat has 5 torque bolts an is a bit more fiddly, passenger has 4 bolts)
then its a matter of popping off a cover for the reclining wheel an removing a little pin washer, removing the plastic side trims an undoing 2 bolts on each side. Hope this helps.

shame you didnt get any photos.

mmmm

got me thinking now.

I wonder if i can remove the base and seat back off my milly recaros and stick them onto my sportka/99 on puma seat frames?

Recaros in a sportka would be nice but not at "electric seat motor height".

Back