Servicing question

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinster

My local ford garage (small country garage but usually do a good job on my car) have quoted me £125 + VAT for a major service.

Sound ok?

What do you think that will include? I should have asked really......

Bite their hand off!

You sure that's a major service? Spark plugs, oil / fiel / pollen filters etc?

I can get the list up.. How many miles your puma done ? IE: is it a 80K service?

EDIT:

I've downloaded the 80K - 8 year service schedule (major) in pdf format from Ford - I'll email it to you now...

And the 70K one as well.. email on the way..

Ok, that would be for an oil change, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter and pollen filter and checking the car over. No plugs though car is running smoothly so not bothered about that at this point.

Still sound ok?

Yup - still sounds good to me.

I've sent you the 70K and 80K service schedules from Ford to you via email, just so you can see what they should do ;)

Excellent, thanks, I've got them here. Think I'll book her in for next week and get it out of the way. Normally I don't worry too much about servicing my cars but the Puma is a special beast and I want her to last me for many years to come!

I ended up paying £279 for my 80k service with a local ford dealer, was I robbed?! Though I think they carried out a brake fluid change in that price, still it seems a little high to me...

Welcome to ProjectPuma Leigh!

It does seem a tad on the high side for a service - not so bad if it was a complete warts and all service though. Got anymore details as to what they actually did?

Why not introduce yourself properly in the newbie section and tell us all about you and your Pooma.

8)

It does sound a little high for a service but then major services do cost a bit more especially at Ford.

The Ford eTIS shows what should have been done, you could then offset it against what was carried out etc.

Welcome to the site :D

Back