Servo & Master Upgrade for later models

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexwilliams840

Has anyone ever had luck with upgrading the servo and master cylinder on the later Pumas with the 300mm front brake upgrade?

3rd time I've tried to post this. Mk1/2 mondeo 25mm master and servo straight swap. Improves feel massively. Essential after 280/300mm upgrade to alleviate the extra pedal travel caused by the larger calliper pistons. Only mods required is the trimming of the top left corner of battery box. Hope this helps. I can send pics if you like.

I too have swapped my master cylinder for the early version (black 4 outlets) following the 280mm mondy conversion.
I have also removed the ABS (which is why i went for the 4 outlet version)
I does reduce pedal travel and the pedal is now like rock (old ABS had air in it)

Be sure to get the pipework from the master cylinder to ABS/lines..
fitted (just) by the battery box.

Don’t the brake pipes need bending on the mk1/2 Mondeo MC as they both come out the right side? I took the mk2 one below to performancepuma (it’s still there in fact) and couldn't figure work out its done.

DSC_1037_zps7004da3d.jpg

Yes I remember, one of the pipes does need bending a little. Early or late pumas have the same bore master 23mm so either way it's a worthwhile upgrade.

It might look a little odd as it's currently sans running gear while I convert it to 1.8TD power. (I'm not entirely mad trust me) I have my reasons. More to follow on that one.

Is this Mondeo mk1/2 servo larger than standard Puma (I'm guessing yes) and does anyone know the measurements in the diameter for each?

Yes, puma both early and late are 23mm bore, Mondeo 1/2 is 25mm bore. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply, those measurements are for the master cylinders. Do you know what the measurements of the servos are?

I wonder if you can fit a Mondeo master cylinder to the puma servo and if it will be a decent upgrade?

Fair enough, but my reckoning was that Mk3 mondeo has better (bigger) brakes than previous generation and hence the servo is bound to be bigger as well. If he could fit the bigger, then the smaller one should fit as well, shouldn't it?

Yup, I've just put an exhaust downpipe in the way :roll:

I've been looking at MK2 Focus RS servos and cylinders - will let you all know how I get on!

Can't remember the measurement of servo and I'm away from the car at the mo, but it's a squeeze to get in but does fit, just. See my pic above and it may give you an idea

I have found out a Mk2 Focus RS servo bolts straight on.. However, it is deeper and I'm essentially in a custom engine bay so not sure if it will fit for standard puma. May be more to come on this.

Latest posts

Back