Setting up ELM327

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McBandy

Can anyone help (I tried using the search function but no joy) with setting up of this...

xPQTNEa.png

Bought on recommendation of people on here (not blaming) but the only instructions I can find for it are relating to the Bluetooth version!

The included disc has this lot on it... http://e2data.co.uk/driver/AT006.zip so you can see what I can (and that weblink renders the disc pointless!)

My attempts have led to this when connecting to my Puma

4kRMvQb.jpg

Please help, my misfiring makes me feel sick when it’s at its worst and I would like to know what’s causing it!

Chris.

Hi Chris
It looks identical to mine but I think that on screen message says it all, it's a bad clone so send it back.
Barry

How did you set yours up? I looked at the pdf and it only talked about the BT one? Know if there’s anyone down south with a working one who can rule out the car being the problem?

I had the same problem, you have to be sure it’s one compatible and not all ELM327 are the same. You need one that confirms it works with Forscan and weirdly, the ones with the switch on the side seem to always work

McBandy said:
[post]368982[/post] How did you set yours up? I looked at the pdf and it only talked about the BT one? Know if there’s anyone down south with a working one who can rule out the car being the problem?
I just plugged mine in and it worked - https://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=330539#p330539

On my XP Netbook I notice I have 3 different OBDII programs that worked OK with it, but I ended up using Torque Pro (doesn't need a Bluetooth reader) on one of my tablets for this, simply because it's smaller and easier to use.

Certainly if you're getting that message then the car and its OBDII connection is not the problem. It's worth noting that the start of that message reads 'In contrast to OBDII applications, FORScan requires....' ....so the first thing to do is try with something that is not FORScan?

What OS are you running?
Make sure you have the correct drivers installed.
Look at this page and download the "prolific_Win8_x64_x86.zip" (<--- not a direct link to the .zip file!), called driver pack 5, extract to any (e.g. desktop) directory.

Then look up the driver version of the "Prolific Serial-to-USB Driver" under device manager, newer versions which Windows installs automatically are not compatible with the chip that controls the serial to USB side of things. Hopefully this is what is causing your error.

To fix it you have to install manually, please see "ThierryDAVROUX"'s second post here.

This worked for me under windows 10 x64 (the first link also has driver for other OS versions) and using a scanner looking exactly like your model. The ForScan version I used was 2.2.5 beta.

Latest posts

Back