Showrooom shine

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

just putting this out there just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this product it says its waterless so i dont get it???? :oops:

What's the brand? Autoglym do a show shine in a can, which is good if you don't have much time, or fancy cheating, but I wouldn't use it frequently.

its that stuff they sell on ideal home
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ProShine-Spray-and-Shine-32-fl-oz-A-New-Showroom-Shine_W0QQitemZ230461628103QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item35a8955ec7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this stuff

I have bought some to try.

No way would I use it waterless on one of the good cars, but I have had a quick experiment on the already clean 911 (Seal Grey Metallic)and the results aren't anything special.

Next up I shall give the Ute a quick sluice down to get rid of the worst of the last two winters mud, let it dry, and then see what happens when I use it waterless. I'll try for pictures too.

The one downside I have found so far is that it is hard not to get some overspray on the glass, and wax on the windscreen is not a happy combination.

I have come across this...know someone who uses it,but personally i would always rinse the dust off first or risk scratching the surface. Surely it would be like rubbing Icelandic glass dust over the bodywork.I have swapped from a sponge to a wash mitt to prevent this happening.....hope this helps...telly will tell you red is blue if there is money to be made.....i wonder if the firms Director uses it???

Love the stuff!!, Its never scratched any of my vehicles. Just make sure you us the right cloths!!!

I just cleaned my caravan this weekend with it and removed all the "special volcanic dust" that was dropped on it last week

theres some stuff called bosun that they advertise at car shows,guy with a speaker showing you a red bonnet and he puts tar,perm marker on it and other nasties,then he gets a bottle of it and it brings it all off.but the stuff in his bottle is a heavy duty cleaner and the stuff you get sold is about as effective as whipped cream.so if its autoglymm megs or big brand stay away.

Back