silicone hoses

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sapuma

are these silicone hoses recommended?
i think they look quite good to be honest, but a lot of people say theyre not worth the price
is anyone aware of a reasonable priced place for these?

much appreciated, Matt

Silicone hoses will withstand more pressure and last way longer than the standard rubber ones. And yes they do look the shnizzle! For a road car there pretty much just pretty and won't give u a performance increase but as you said they do look damn good under the bonnet.

yeah mann, thanks a lot, anyone know the best places to get them? and do you have to get puma specific ones?

The hoses are usually pretty rigid, so need to be specific shapes and sizes to fit:

Hoses fitted: http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=114085#p114085" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One of our traders sells a set: http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=9198" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Always found them to be better than standard. My mates old bora 1.8turbo held boost a lot better due to silicone hoses over standard ones.

A friend of mine does race management and sells parts, I was asking him about bits anyway and he said he thinks his supplier can get these for the puma, could see what deal they would do if a few people were interested?

thanks for that Cherie, may sound like a silly question, but the induction hose is the one that connects to the cone air filter for example yes?

yeah Reechard, i would be intersted in comparing some prices. thanks

Seen as thats me car lol, yes i does connect the air intake to the TB.

There are in total from memory about 10 hose's there that I have changed for those one off's

There a pain to fit, but whatever you do- change the clamps when you do it

You can buy a 7 piece kit from samco in an array of colours. Sometimes have to wait a few weeks if you want any colour rather than blue but it takes care of all coolant pipes. Then there's intake and vacuum lines. Can spend a small fortune on this stuff my man.

Merlin Motorsport

There are probably better deals out there but merlin are the main samco agents nowadays I think.

thanks for all the responses guys, what i think i might do is buy it bit by bit, save up and buy the next piece, ideally i would like the thick induction hose to the air filter first to add a bit of colour!
ill have a look around for this one individually

Latest posts

Back