st150 brakes

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbadvm

Hi,

Just got me some st150 calipers and the ends of the brake hoses are a bit squashed, so was wondering whether I can use the hoses that are already on the car.Do they fit or will they be too short?

Also need new bleed nipples.Anyone know what size I need?

Thanks.

Thanks for that m8.Bit less expense lol :grin:

You wouldn't know about the bleed nipple by any chance?

The ones on there are rusted solid.I couldn't undo them with a spanner so had to use a molegrips and ended up mullering them lol.

Have to piggyback on the topic, sorry!

What would you think of these discs? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330755857232?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They look like a gravel discs for group N at least, and the price also looks OK comapred to the original Ford setup.
However, I am very cautious when it comes down to brakes, as they are, IMHO, vital part of a car. Has anyone tried them? They look solid, but I would still prefer a first hand experience....
Or should I just ditch the idea and go for Ford OEM discs and pads? I repeat, the price is just about the same

Thanks in advance,

You haven't watched closely. Only the pads are Brembos, discs are not! For fiesta ST150 brembo is not producing discs; only pads. At first I thought exactly the same thing like you, that all of the set is Brembo, but then went to brembo.com and there are only pads listed, discs not. Then I read that listing again and you see that only the pads are advertisied as brembo products...

And I had brembos on focus (standard replacement, 258 mm), after 5000 kms they developed vibrations. Had them skinned, were ok for another 5000 kms and then same thing.... They were no good, there was some thermal tension in them that would warp them, or they had some crap in cast. Still have them somewhere at home on a shelf.....

Such a dick, my bad. Should really read things properly.

I'll try and find what discs and pads I put on the car Tony's driving I've not had any complaints from him, yet.

You'll have to wait till 4 as I'm needing some sleep.

Sbadvm, I'll have a look at some calliper's I've got here and get back to you about the bleed screws.

Ginger Tom said:
the car Tony's driving I've not had any complaints from him, yet.
You expecting complaints at some point Tom?
Brakes are good. Certainly surprised me a couple of times when I've had to jump on the middle pedal a bit hard!

Got ST calipers on mine now, fully refurbished by BiggRed and with Mintex discs/pads. More than adequate for any road driving.

Wild E. Coyote said:
Have to piggyback on the topic, sorry!

What would you think of these discs? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330755857232?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They look like a gravel discs for group N at least, and the price also looks OK comapred to the original Ford setup.
However, I am very cautious when it comes down to brakes, as they are, IMHO, vital part of a car. Has anyone tried them? They look solid, but I would still prefer a first hand experience....
Or should I just ditch the idea and go for Ford OEM discs and pads? I repeat, the price is just about the same

Thanks in advance,
I recently bought a set for my Subaru , from the same seller. The Brembo pads never materialised, mainly because they don't make ones cheap enough to sell at that price. Despite that, the seller is still offering the item I bought on Ebay. They weren't that helpful in sorting things out either!

Hi Guys
Thought I would add my little bit here.
I Agree with the starter of this link in that the front brake hoses are bent too much between the bracket from the strut and the mounting on the inner wing. I would imagine there's a lot of people out there who have installed the -40mm springs which makes things even worse. I would appeal to people on here to check there front brake hoses to make sure that the bend at the joint at the top of the flexi pipe is not too sharp and then imagine what it's like with the suspension fully compressed.
Barry

Nathy said:
Got ST calipers on mine now, fully refurbished by BiggRed and with Mintex discs/pads. More than adequate for any road driving.
How much did they cost u? The refurbished calupers and the mintex pads and discs? Total?

Calipers £100, Bigg Red refurb £120, Discs/Pads £100 so £320 total.

Wow...way over my budget...but i bet the setup is great and worry free for some time

Back