Starting Problem

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

200sxman

Turn the ignition key the starter motor spins over as it should but it seems not to be engaging with the flywheel. Anyone suffered the same problem or able to suggest where I should start to solve the problem. Stuck high and dry so any help is much appreciated.

Might be that the starter isn't engaging,,and just spinns idely, or the tearh on the flywheel might be gone, try moving the engien manualy, either by turning the crank, or put it in gir and move the car..

But my best gues wil stil be the starter itswlfw :)

Hi, thanks for responding. It turns out it was a bad earth on the starter solenoid. Its a pig of a job getting the terminals off, I had to remove the oil filter to get enough room. However a lot better than trying to get the starter motor out that looks like a really difficult operation.

I just had to change the bit of loom that goes from the battery to the starter and then the alternator. It was very fiddly and I couldn't see the nuts at all but it is doable with a small ratchet and deep reach sockets without removing anything.

Of course if you have massive hands..............

Back