Thank you Project Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tractorboy

I've only been a (2nd time) Puma owner for a few weeks but I'd just like to say what mine of information Project Puma is. So far (on both my and Son's Pumas) we've changed the clutch, rebuilt the cylinder head (due to incorrectly fitted cambelt tensioner), serviced both cars, replaced blower motor resistor (and harness), replaced rear beam bushes, and finally (I hope) fixed a gearbox leak; the breather on my car was facing backwards.

All assisted by information on here :)

Regarding the cambelt tensioner, I suspect that many get fitted incorrectly. Anyone suffered a failure from this?

Bob

Hi
There's a Gates technical bulletin #036 which details the correct procedure and the mistake that can be made. I picked up on this by someone elses posting (sos can't remember who it was). I just got my son to print it off for me off the internet.
Barry

tuonokid said:
Hi
There's a Gates technical bulletin #036 which details the correct procedure and the mistake that can be made. I picked up on this by someone elses posting (sos can't remember who it was). I just got my son to print it off for me off the internet.
Barry

Yes I'd printed off the guide that included the Gates info. Very easy to tell if it's been done wrong by the position of the bolt in the elongated hole. I've just bought a Gates belt to do mine now and having done my Son's twice I hope I can do mine pretty quickly! Looking forward to those power steering pump nuts !!

Bob

Tip top. There is some good info on here.

I fitted my timing belt and tensioner as per the gates guide.

Back