The Fireblade

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red

Administrator
Staff member
Well.. if you've been following the other thread I started, my trusty CBR600FS finally had an issue after nearly 6 years of service. Unfortunately the issue left me with some tough choices and I opted to move on.

So after checking a number of sites I found a successor.

I'm now the proud owner of a CBR1000RR-5, I've wanted a Fireblade since childhood!!

This bike is a 2005 with just under 12,000 miles on it. This is the lowest mileage bike I've ever owned :grin:

It's nearly completely standard except the double bubble screen, crash bobbins and black footrests.

IMG_9740%20Medium_zpsihgo9gw4.jpg

IMG_9754%20Medium_zps0cdaqngj.jpg

and finally for nostalgia.. the old bike, the new bike and the borrowed bike..

IMG_9739%20Medium_zpsne5du5hx.jpg

Looks amazing Red! I still miss my CBR so enjoy!

Thanks James, in my opinion it's hardly moved but that happens to bikes.

Its never had an advisory on an MOT, so let's hope that continues at least on its May one :grin:

It's also the first bike I've had with a functioning alarm. It's a datatool and seems to be a good one.

I haven't had a stock exhaust for a while until now, so it seems more refined currently :twisted: but in seriousness it'll be standard for sometime yet.

Looks nice :pose2:

Does this one have a wobbly rear indicator as well? :lol:

Nope :grin:

Standard Honda, bit bigger than I'd probably like but visible at least!

I'll take a few more pics once I've washed it. Picked it up from Northampton so could/should have stopped by.

I live in Bedford/Leighton buzzard where are you two?

Get a race can asap! Only benefit of a stock one is better mpg and you can speed in villages without having anti bikers shaking there fists at you!

So, after going on holiday straight after picking up the bike I've had a bit of time to become acquainted this weekend.

I knew there was some issue with power as the garage I bought it from had to jump it to get it running and charge it up before I could take it away (queue an hour in a local cafe having an excellent breakfast). The battery from my old bike is the same so I swapped them on Friday when I got back (after reading voltages being low on the new bike) and it has started Saturday and Sunday first time.

The only other thing I've done is remove the tax disc holder (why this was still even on I don't know) and swap the bar ends from my old bike to the new because they're nicer.

I don't have many plans as I mostly like the standard ride, especially for commuting but my current shortlist is:

Honda sticker for the aftermarket screen (On order)
R&G Tail Tidy
Smaller number plate (still legal size font but less plastic)
Rear paddock bobbins
Smoked indicators (either just lens replacements or aftermarket LED)
Pillion seat cowl (On order)

A few additional photos from the first wash.

IMG_9989_zpsqwojyikg.jpg

IMG_9987_zpszhk77fo6.jpg

IMG_9984_zpschnp2vzd.jpg

IMG_9980_zpsauizsdq3.jpg

So we started fine again today, used it for the 60 mile round trip to work and it behaved perfectly.

It feels more refined than the 600, I guess because that runs at higher revs and also it has the aftermarket exhaust.

The Honda pillion cowl had turned up at work and it was most disappointing, the ad did say it needed painting however that was the least of it's problems, it was missing the whole underside frame to attach it to the bike. Promptly I emailed the seller who's been a gent and processed the refund already. A new aftermarket item is now on the way instead.

So I've gotten a bit carried away ordering things when there's not really a budget for upgrades currently..

On order:

Honda sticker (for screen)
Smoked indicator lenses and orange bulbs (x4)
Paddock stand bobbins
HRC OEM tank protector sticker
Rear seat cowl
R&G tail tidy
Replacement number plate

I've got an enquiry with Honda regarding locks as currently there's a separate key for the fuel cap and seat release and ideally these would be the same key used to start the bike.

On the actual future list is an exhaust can, currently I'm favouring the JTI S2 design which I think looks badass.

I'll update once the parts have arrived and been fitted.

:lol: :grin:

That's an understatement!

Although since I had my last bike nearly 6 years, I'm still bedding in with it, apprehensive that something's going to stop working but so far so good hah also getting used to the different riding position and the completely different power delivery.

Thanks, can't wait for summer and not having to constantly wash all the winter dirt off :grin:

Fitted the cowl, the smoked indicator lenses and the bobbins.

Wet Friday morning ride to work.

WP_20170303_08_46_00_Pro_zps7aecb3sk.jpg

WP_20170303_08_46_48_Pro_zpswqolfa6p.jpg

Honda sticker fitted.. just a little addition :)

HondaSticker_zps3a2szoyg.jpg

Also fitted the tail tidy and new number plate. I've now completed my initial list :cool:

I really want the new exhaust, looking at the Yoshi RS5 but from what I've read you really need to also add a power commander type unit so you can map it properly else it can be quite detrimental. So it's on hold for a while..

My first moped was a Honda CB50 in 1982 at 16 and it took till last year for me to get another after years of Yamaha/Truimph/Suzuki. After 2 Triumph Street triple 675's I've gone all tame and bought a CB500X traily/tourer style with a whopping 47 brake, streets had 105 but I find the CB much more relaxing. I'd be a stressed Eric on a Fireblade.

red said:
[post]361045[/post] Honda sticker fitted.. just a little addition :)

HondaSticker_zps3a2szoyg.jpg

Also fitted the tail tidy and new number plate. I've now completed my initial list :cool:

I really want the new exhaust, looking at the Yoshi RS5 but from what I've read you really need to also add a power commander type unit so you can map it properly else it can be quite detrimental. So it's on hold for a while..

I had two brothers on my 600RR3 and an akrapovic on my 1000rr5 you really need a power commander or it just makes it sound. Enter on stock fuelling other than that enjoy it and stay safe!!

:twisted: So.. On hold for a while turned out to be 3 days :?:

I'm just not a fan of the noise or look from the stock exhaust.. Looked at a number of Yoshimura RS5 but in the end I've ended up ordering a full Akrapovic system with carbon hex can and power commander 5..

In for a penny or whatever the saying is!

Hi Red
I have Akras on my Aprilia, the quality is awesome, just have a look at the welding when you get it.
Barry

Really looking forward to it, the only other bike exhaust I've actually bought was a Scorpion slip-on for my old bike.

Back