The new red

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red

Administrator
Staff member
Just picked her up yesterday and couldn't stop grinning all the way home!

Now I need to look for a car :p

Hopefully you won't get random nuts and bolts dropping off that one! :-D

Hopefully not! It has full Honda service history so you'd hope it's been cared for!

I'll write some more about it later :)

Looks ok for a Bike that. (Don't no much about Bike breeds so i presume the CBR on it means something special) :oops:

Thanks Scotty. There's many stories of what CBR stands for but I don't know for sure other than it's the model identifier.

The model of bike is CBR600F Sport the sport gave it the stepped seat rather than a bench and some engine tweaks. It was only £300 more than the standard CBR600F so you can imagine there aren't a stack of differences but strangely not very many people opted for it.

I picked the bike up from the Kingston area last night which was a barrel of laughs to get into at 18:00! Had a look around it, seemed very clean, started it, sounds quiet with no untoward rattles, everything appears to work, one cracked fairing where someone has over tightened the bolt or similar. I know he had another person interested in it trying to raise the cash to buy it on the weekend so I stole the chance, knocked £50 off of the price (which went into the Mondeo that had ferried me down to see it) signed the paper work and the rest is history.

This one is a 2002 model, has 31k on the clock, full Honda service history, 3 owners from new, 2 keys, user manual, old MOTs, delivery slip from when it was first bought and a few other bits.

Which is the first time I've ever got more than the V5 and MOT lol :lol:

I have really loved my Bandit it's a great commuter and great first big bike. It will be up for sale soon if anyone is interested!

Even though the Bandit has the same engine capacity as the CBR it's horsepower is 80bhp vs about 110bhp and the new bike is lighter too so you can imagine there's quite a lot of noticeable difference.

Sweet!! :thumbs:

High-ish mileage (for a bike - a fair weather one...lol) but I'm guessing it was reflected in the price. It's a Honda anyway so shouldn't matter :wink:

Have fun and be carefull, my old cronker was quick and your new one is very probably lighter and definately more powerfull. Oh, and looks the dogs!! :eek:k:

I thought for 9 years old 30k.. average of 3300 miles per year didn't seem that high. I've read a lot of reviews about them saying they can go for well over 100k and with the full Honda history I figured it'd be worth the gamble. A LOT of the 10-20k miles ones were just a bit shabby, they looked like they'd had a much harder decade without enjoying as many of the miles. I always say on here go for condition etc over miles :cool:

I was looking at a 10k one but for the price difference vs condition (about £700 and the other was a year older) it just didn't seem worth it. Instead I'm going to invest in some leathers to compliment my textiles and a new helmet.

More pictures :D

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0962.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

Very nice bike. Always liked the look of the CBR600s. Bandit for sale you say?
More details I say!

I really need to get on and do my bike test.

Yep! My Bandit is old but sturdy, never lets me down. I need to get one fault fixed before it goes up for sale though, someone has mutilated the wiring to the headlights and the dips don't come on (sidelights and beams work fine). This has happened to me before and it was one of the dodgy spade connectors had come out. I'm just going to get the wiring stripped out and replaced properly. It really depends on your budget to the quality of bike you'd be expecting. I'll make an advert for it at some point soon providing the CBR checks out over the next few days :D

Looks good there mate. as you say 30k isn't too bad for that age of bike. the dealers normally reckon on around 3k a year average when they are trying to give you a shitty deal on part ex (I had one dealer actually refuse to take my fazer 600 as it was 3 years old with 23k on the clock lol).

if you keep it serviced and well looked after I could see 100k being easily reachable :)

Eagerly awaiting my new part! Used my the birthday money my parents gave me towards a new exhaust to replace the stock item.

Also since my last post I've fitted the following parts:-

Airblade smoked double bubble screen
Small silver Honda sticker onto the Airblade screen to make it look more standard.
Fairing coloured rear seat cover
Rear fairing (previous owner had cracked the original one at the mounting points somehow! Causing it to be loose and eventually crack further)
Replaced the stock rear reflector with a stick on one (Didn't like it hanging over the rear wheel quite so much)

I'll put a couple of new pictures up soon!

(picture of the exhaust)
big-factory-ss.jpg

It will look like this when fitted except not carbon an on the red Sport model which I have :grin:
144_03~_eha73-cbr600f-side.png

Very nice! :thumbs: (i don't know anything about bikes but it looks nice and shiny :D)

Had a pair of scorpions on my Ducati...very nice deep sound :thumbs: you'll love it :)

they said removable baffles.... but really the were only ever IN for the MOT :grin: :grin: :grin:

Back