The new red

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loud exhausts don't typically fail for bikes anyway as from what I understand it's a discretionary test and they're only obliged to issue an advisory?

I know the place my Bandit used to go never failed it for having a missing baffle (When I bought the bike it was missing)

Glad to hear you had a good experience with them, I did look at a number of options before buying and there's quite a number of cheaper exhausts available but I wasn't sure what their quality / sound would be like vs Scorpion we've been around some time now.

I'll test it with an without and see how it goes :D

Well it got delivered yesterday and it's fitted now! It was raining and dark though so I've not been out on it or taken any pictures so I'll update shortly!

Some more up to date photo's!

Untitled-1.jpg

IMAG0341.jpg

IMAG0339.jpg

IMAG0343.jpg

IMAG0347.jpg

This was parked outside of work this morning, the silver R6 belongs to my brother Aiden :grin:

You can see all of my subtle additions in these pictures as previously described.

You mean to say that you and Aiden have managed to stop buying the same cars and bike as each other now? :p

Is that round the back of your work then as I don't remember it having that slope at the front!

Heh yes we now own different cars and bikes :)

D this is outside the new office in the middle of Royston just past the Ford garage! Good observation!

New Bridgestone Battlax BT-021 Sport Touring 180/55 R17 W (73), Rear tyre on order!

red said:
Heh yes we now own different cars and bikes :)

D this is outside the new office in the middle of Royston just past the Ford garage! Good observation!

Ah, I know where that is! I used to nip by there and then by the school to get to work opposite the fire station ;)

Well bit of a mishap with the number plate, the plastic nut fell off and the number plate subsequently placed itself over the exhaust whilst in motion.. turns out, it's not heat proof :lol:

Been out a few times this year already, still going strong!

Just passed it's MOT first time with a few advisories which I'll look in to but the tester said it probably wouldn't fail on them next year either.

Need to take the back apart as one of the LED indicators is a bit temperamental and moving the cable seems to improve it. It's connected by bullet connectors and I think it might just be loose.

Taxed it yesterday so we're on for another years happy biking!

Nice bike man. I started riding last November and i've been out in all weather since, something of a baptism of fire as the first night i went out it was chucking it down :lol: People say i'm crazy, but i just say they're boring for waiting for the sun :p

Thanks TG :D

I was once like you, I used to ride all winter but my old Bandit suffered badly from the salt on the roads corroding parts so when I changed it for the CBR I stopped using it when the salt was down.

Riding in the rain is fine as long as it doesn't piss down whilst I've only got my leathers on.. that's just annoying.

That's true I really shouldn't have gone out in the snow one time seeing as I have a cruiser and it's 50% chrome haha. Luckily it was cheap.

So.. today was a rather cold day to use the bike!

I've been using it a bit more recently since I no longer car share to work. Since my last update I've had both the tyres replaced with the newer BT023 flavour.

It's still running great for a 14 year old bike, mileage is around the 46,000 mark I think now.

I did have a slight mishap with it in the garage, I was taking the wheels off to get the tyres changed and when lifting the front, it dropped off of the back stand with no wheel on it :oops:

Fearing the worst like a damaged swing arm I stabilised the front and took a look at the rear. It had wedged on the stand, knocked the number plate off and scratched the rear light, but other than that no damage! Had to use my hydraulic lift to help free the bike from the stand but everything is back together now after 2 new number plate nuts we are back in business.

It was getting a bit chilly using the leathers in November so I asked Santa for some textile gear and he delivered :grin: hence my riding in 1C today my new Alpinestars jacket and trousers are quite wind resistant..apparently my gloves aren't so much.

Plans for this year: ride and maintain, the side stand could do with replacing as it lost it's foot (replacement already sourced)

Nice bike. Just to say that a friend of mine has exactly the same bike (in a different colour) and has over 170k km on it (so over 100k miles) and has never had an issue except for wearing out the rear cog (no idea what its called in English) and the clutch a few times, and he treats his bike like... well, not very nicely ;)

Thanks Frank. This forum is great, I learn mechanics and English at the same time!

Thanks JAC, there must be loads of life left in my one too then :-D it's proper dirty at the minute

Back