The new red

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passed the MOT this month with a few advisories, the main one of which was corrosion on the exhaust. The rear is all stainless but the down pipe manifold is all mild steel. Don't want to prod it to much looking at it and it's start started blowing rather noisily so I've swiftly bought a stainless replacement and it's due to be fitted on the weekend :cool:

Took a few photos when I got to work this morning, not that anything has changed but gave it a hopeful post winter use wash yesterday so it's now ready for the 'summer'

The red looks a bit washed out in these phone pictures but it's still lovely and red in person!

DSC_0145_zpspi0bgstc.jpg

DSC_0147_zpszqr2pag2.jpg

DSC_0148_zpsqaqmhdmx.jpg

DSC_0149_zpswcioxd8x.jpg

Not much to report, just clocked 50k so treated it to a hose down :lol:

DSC_0010_zps4jofmdde.jpg

Obligatory photo of the mileage (couldn't get the 50,000 since I was riding):

DSC_0022_zpsr8plf6rg.jpg

So I managed to shake out my rear light bulb the other day, I worked out why, it was because back in January (see above) when it fell off the stand it pushed the rear light out of position allowing it to bounce more than usual. Anyway before I found this I used it as an excuse to order an LED light unit. It arrived yesterday so fitted it in the dark after work :cool:

Fairing removed:

DSC_0012_zpsevwycopy.jpg

New versus old:

DSC_0015_zpsdvgkaftq.jpg

Fitted, turned off:

DSC_0016_zpsralta48p.jpg

Turned on, at an angle:

DSC_0018_zpsu61j20zg.jpg

Turned on straight on:

DSC_0019_zps2iczlqgn.jpg

I think it freshens up the rear a bit, I wasn't offended by the original so I'll keep that to one side in case this doesn't work out for any reason.

I've had a reasonably lucky escape today...

The first time since I got my full licence I 'dropped' my bike today :?

I was manoeuvring it out of the garage like I do every single day of the working week when I was caught a bit off balance distracted by being a bit closer to a bicycle trailer than I usually am.

Before I could do anything the bike was going over, I did my best to try and catch it but you'd be surprised by the ability of gravity!

Anyway I was fearing broken fairings, snapped levers and all sorts but when I pulled it back up it looks mostly OK other than a slight scuff to one of the decals and a bent rear brake lever.

Really frustrated about it since for a 14 year old bike it's pretty much in perfect cosmetic condition and have a bit of dented pride..... still it saw me the 32 miles to work still with no issue.

I guess I'll find anything else once it gets a wash as it's bloody filthy at the minute.

Oh no!! Feel for you Red, nothing I've not done before too. You know it's going and there is nothing you can do about it!

Don't know if you've ever used them, but I got loads of parts for my American import CBR through them, and much cheaper than my Honda dealer

Thanks James, I think there's a piece of detail missing from your post? :D

It'll probably need a new brake pedal as you can guarantee it'll snap if you try and bend it back in to shape. Works just fine still fortunately. Probably nothing doing about the fairing, it only looks really minor at first glance.

red said:
[post]358477[/post] Thanks James, I think there's a piece of detail missing from your post? :D

It'll probably need a new brake pedal as you can guarantee it'll snap if you try and bend it back in to shape. Works just fine still fortunately. Probably nothing doing about the fairing, it only looks really minor at first glance.

Oh yeah, the name of the company! Ooops!!!

David Silver Spares

https://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/

I had one of those a few years ago. I had a 2003 cbr600rr when they were new considering there only one model apart they were worlds apart!!
IMG_0001.png

image_2.jpg

Thanks Robyorks :D

And Stuvy, yours looked good too. I use mine for 300 mile a week commuting, not sure and RR would be as comfortable for that?

I rode an RR VERY briefly. Was like sitting on one of those playground toys, the ones with the big spring?? :roll:

Just been poking about in my old photos and found this. Still regret selling it :-(

Attachments

• IMG_0790.JPG
    IMG_0790.JPG
    348.4 KB · Views: 40
Now sold and making it's way South down to Kent to be repaired and resold. Will miss that bike but moving onwards and upwards.

Back