The Red FRP

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to see this vehicle getting done up nicely :)

Just wondering... when you bought it, did you get the FRP inlet manifold, FRP gearbox and the rear brake calipers? I gave these to away to the previous owner when I sold it to him.

Anyway, thought I should add a bit of info. The front fog light wiring is there but I have not tested if it is working or not. Also the front screen de-mister is not working for some reason. I remembered checking the fuse but its not a problem with the fuse.

The other electrical fault with the vehicle is the central locking is not working (not sure whats the problem yet but i guess you can figure it out in your spare time.

Hope to see this vehicle done up properly :)

@ Elvin

Sadly the FRP components were sold by it's previous owner so I'm left with the job of resourcing it all again! :cry:

Heated front screen still doesn't work, I haven't traced that fault down yet.

Central locking all seems fine though , everything locks / unlocks as it should, the only thing that leaves a bit to be desired is the range on it.
Compared to my last Puma (which had the 3 button fob), the range on this one is naff, you've pretty much got to stand next to the car to get it to activate!!

this remote on the puma is a infra-red remote. the receiver is on top on the cabin light area. If you stand far away, try aiming the small IR led to that black spot on the cabin light. you should be able to lock it if you are not too far away.

Guys n girlies!

Do you think these front seats would go into the fat cat without too much hassle, not fussed about the rears, would just sell them on.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220696374391&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

With custom frames to mount them to the car they would...

ST badged seats though? :|

for the same money try these dude..............

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SPARCO-BUCKET-SEAT-R100-BLACK-RED-RECLINER-NEW-/170450318942?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27afa1765e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

clarkie said:
for the same money try these dude..............

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SPARCO-BUCKET-SEAT-R100-BLACK-RED-RECLINER-NEW-/170450318942?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27afa1765e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Had those in my watch list for some time now, those seem to be my only alternative to the red/black ST seats.

I think the ST one's look a little better though. :?

@Warren, which ones are you referring to?

MR Dandy, FRP Interior on eBay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-Racing-Puma-Frp-Interior-/280602592097?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item415537c361#ht_500wt_1156" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

If you want to stick a bid in, i will happily go and collect them for you. I'm interested in the read Door cards :).

Not a bad price at all that Aaron, don't really want the blue seats though! :oops:

Would look odd when everything else on the interior is colour coded black / red! ;p

Quick update on the fat cat! :D

1) Ordered some Ford Racing decals from DMB for the wing mirrors, I think I saw of picture of something similar on here previously?

FRLogo.jpg

2) The LED rear lights are still a work in progress, many hours of soldering left to spend on those!

3) Wheels - Black FRP alloys and some fresh rubber being fitted at the end of the month.
Putting my black set on then once I've swapped them over I'll refurb the current chewed up set in Gloss White.

4) I'm having trouble locating the source of the notorious passenger footwell leak, had a good look around the bulkhead area today and I can't spot anything obvious.

5) Couldn't sleep the other night so took the camera out & got some funky photos!

Wide.jpg

HDR01.jpg

Marcus i love the fact that your trying something different. It looks ace in red.

Just every time i see a red sports car now i think ferrari!

Anyone able to photoshop a Matt black FRP :lol:

Back