The Red FRP

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just what i was going to say! lol
if i remember the size i will ask next time i go in to my local...

think i will be getting those compbrake track rods tbh.....they look a dam site easier and faster to undo than the standard ones for a start!

@Yip
I went down to the 2 biggest hardware/tool shops today, they normally have everything like this however no 10.8 grade in Hex head.
They had them in Dome, Countersunk and Cap head but no Hex so decided to leave it as I'd struggle to get the torque needed with an allen key attachment. Only had the Hex bolts in 8.8 :cry:

Nipped across town to the Ford dealership and got them ordered in for tomorrow.
Asked if they could check them prior to being dispatched but apparantly this isn't possible... lol brilliant! :roll:

Also ordered some black suedette material at the local upholstery place, that's arriving tomorrow.
Shall be used on the headlining and maybe the A-Pillars.

I'll be glad once this spending spree is finished! :p

you have part FRP mate - it will never end! :p :lol:

looking good though!

Buy an FRP Yip - it'll finally convince you enough is enough ;)

ive found this stockist and think im gonna order a 100 pack, so if anyone wants any once they are here ill sell a set of eight for a fiver, good savings on ford prices!or if anyone wants to go halfs or whatever let me know.

http://www.shop4fasteners.co.uk/acatalog/Hexagon_Grade_10_High_Tensile_Bolts_Self_Colour.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just cost me £11.75 form Ford for 8x of them. :-(
Anyway, at least I have them here ready for weekend.

New drop links also arrived today and I picked up my black suede this morning.
Already made a start on the interior, have done both A-pillars & removed the rear trim panels to get at the headlining.

Shot showing before & after:

suede01.jpg

Wheels, thinking of going with gloss black after seeing Scott's red cat with my previous black wheels on. :roll:

EDIT: Forgot to say, I phoned up Birkbeck earlier to price up an F2 spoiler.
£489.59 inc VAT for the spoiler, mounts and the steel tubes to fit inside the tailgate itself. :wink:

If you get an F2 Spoiler, you going to be painting it red to match? :). I don't like them if they don't match the boy colour.

@Vitch
Just a local upholstery place, can't remember the name but they have a huuuuge range of stuff and they always have nice off cuts in the bargain bin.
The black suede ended up costing me £6 for 3.5m!

@Aaron
You know me better than that dude, everything's gotta match! :lol:

Now go pick #190 up and get the DSLR out! :p

Marcus000 said:
Also, quickly jumping back to the random connectors on the front panel, I traced the wiring back up towards the rear of the bay, and like Dunc said at the meet, there are indeed a couple of relays wired up to them

So fog / spot lamps was a good guess, pat yourselves on the back! :wink:
Does look like a typical pumaspeed wiring bodge with loose relays wired in on bladed connectors!! found a few of those on mine!!

You would be better off relocating them into the Battery Junction box if you dont have aircon as you have spare relay spaces to keep it neat BUT more importantly keep them dry.

Cheers Warren, will look at relocating it all on my next day off then, alot of the tape has come loose so I'll get some proper cable tidys on it all.

Todays job was getting thse rear spacers on.. nightmare because the bolts had rusted into the drums!! :evil:
Sorted it though, also wire brushed the arches, rear beam and drums & then painted it all at the same time.
I'm tempted to get a black or red rattle can to spray inside the arches.

Arch.jpg

Old V's New

Spacer04.jpg

Fitted.. after nearly 5 hours of swearing at bolts!

Drum01.jpg

Painted pictures will have to wait till tomorrow, I've only just put the 2nd coat on and it's now pitch black outside! :oops:

I've just put the wheels back on and took it out for a spin...sodding ABS light came on, will have to unplug them and re-seat them both tomorrow! :?

It needs the newer rear beam (the wider one), or the disc conversion like you said Warren because it still sits too far in for my liking! :(
Obviously it's an improvement over how it looked previously but it's still not "right".

I know what you mean about the wheels sitting in. The wheels I bought off you sit right in on mine, so need to get some spacers on mine

Quick comparison shot between the two, not a huge difference but it's a step in the right direction! :?

SpacersComp01.jpg

Interior boot switch next on the hitlist!

Vortex has the same issue with his wheels on his FRP.

It has the wrong rear beam on it also so the wheels sit 10mm or so further in each side. He also has these spacers to fit which should help but he also wants the longer beam too!

Latest posts

Back