The Red FRP

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found some more trim bodges on the car! :roll:

Screws missing out of headlamps.
Rear bench actually had no screws in at all, just the pull-release clips.
Front grill clip snapped.
Bumper grill not fixed in place, will have to remove bumper to fix this!

Have fixed all of the above by using bits off my old Puma (apart from the bottom one).

I also found 2x of these plugs located behind the front grill, any idea what they should be plugged into?

Plug03.jpg

Just finished giving the whole thing a good clean inside & out, will have to get proper photos tomorrow but here's some I snapped before it got dark, also recovered the boot lining (like I did on the old one) only this time in red... obviously! :lol:

BootRed03.jpg

BootRed01.jpg

and to finish.. some random arty photo I knocked up in Fireworks whilst typing this post out!

Zetec.jpg

:p

Marcus000 said:
Found some more trim bodges on the car! :roll:
I also found 2x of these plugs located behind the front grill, any idea what they should be plugged into?
Possibly rally lamp pods??
album_picm.php

Guess I'll have to get a multimeter on the plugs to see if there's any current going to them.

Someone has installed an extra fog light switch into the dash which currently doesn't do anything, you could be right with that!

marcus- dun can answer that on thursday. his car is that one in the picture

Trimmed drivers door, not happy with the edges though, should have cut the cloth 10mm bigger all round!! :oops:
Will get that re-done tomorrow!

RedDoorCards01.jpg

amazing dude i love them carbon bits. is the petrol cap easy to remove i was thinking of doing mine a while ago but didnt wannt bust it. to be honest i never even looked how its removed lol but i thought about it :)

im so glad you got this car dude. nice to see it being looked after :)

Ha and i get taken for a ride in it tonight as well

This might not be good for me, i might feel the need for a big save and spend splurge

@ Clarkie
With a bit of care, the cap comes off easy enough, just don't go mental at it! :p
If you're doing it in carbon, best tip I would give is to spray the underside black / grey first so it doesn't look stupid when you open it up. :oops:

Those handle bits are easy enough to do, nightmare to put back on the car though!

I bought 4x sheets this size and so far have done both handles, both wing mirror trims and the petrol cap and still have a full sheet spare, not bad for the price really!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250628760755&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

@Scott
See you around half 6 ish! :twisted:

Just about to head over to Blackburn to see a bodyshop friend about getting it all blown over to get the colours to match again, might look at getting a metalic on it this time though rather than a solid red, we shall see.

Anyone have any suggestions for nice reds?
I know Audi do the "laser red" but IIRC that's just a solid colour.

Will also price up a brilliant white at the same time! :roll:

Sweet matey.

FYI- I may have some work for you next year.

Of the interior re trim sort.

Yellow Suede??? cf film on the bits like you?? Yellow gear and handbrake gator, there surrounds in cf film??

Marcus- Alfa Red!!!!!, Bright vibrant and there are 2 types- Solid from pre 02 i think cars then it was a metalic from then onwards

So, quick re-cap of things that need doing:

Fit 30mm rear axel spacers.
Finish trimming interior in red fabric.
Re-spray back of rear seat bench (black).
Refurb wheels (will do this whilst car is in the body shop).
Red LED conversion (in touch with El Dude at the mo).
Coolant / engine hoses if funds permit, may wait till after Xmas.

Latest posts

Back