Think the milly has to go

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you can be bothered bringing it down to Killie I'll sort it for you.

Cheers

Ally

If it had mot that would be an option ally :-( I really don't want to part with it the only really issue is the back brake which is the only reason I haven't put it in to be tested

When we replaced everything on the back we had a problem with the passenger side where it keeps binding on its had 4 wheel bearing in the year it was on the road the only thing we didn't replace at the back was the adjusters they were cleaned up and just put back

Hubby has repeatedly over ruled me and says it's not the adjuster but I think it's worth replacing to find out!

I had to replace my adjusters on my previous Puma and they were quite expensive at around £60 pr iirc.

Drove me crazy the old ones looked fine but they just didn't work which left me with a binding brake due to over tightening the cable. This isn't necessarily your problem though.

I suppose the slave cylinders could also be sticking if they haven't been replaced but they are quite cheap.

Cylinders were changed too only thing that weren't changed within the drum were the adjusters so I think it's a good idea to change them

We spend hundreds of pounds getting this car to a decent standard from what it was throwing in the towel now would be silly

Did you actually change the drums?
My bearings kept failing quickly and it was down to the drums as they'd been bashed to within an inch of their lives by the 'mechanics' at the garage. Once I bought new ones all was well again.
If your getting binding have you considered that these may be out of shape and causing your problems?
Just a thought :eek:k:

Latest posts

Back